Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Hearsay Systems is looking to hire a Corporate Counsel, licensed to practice law in the US and Mexico to join the Legal team! Reporting to the Director of Legal, you will be a key contributor to an active in-house legal team that assists the company with achieving significant objectives by providing high-quality legal support. You will help accelerate the momentum of Hearsay’s growth by facilitating deal negotiations through to execution. You are an experienced negotiator and a pragmatic problem solver with the ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Regarding Hybrid Work: We provide a lot of flexibility for working in a way that keeps our employees productive. We have a great office in Mexico City that is available for those that want to work from there, or else with the company provided laptop it’s possible to work from anywhere. All we ask in return is being available to work from the office on the infrequent occasions where we have team meetings or out of town visitors, which can be as little as 2-3 days/month.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 225,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including BlackRock, Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley and New York Life—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents compliantly scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Attention: Only accepting applications of those with active dual licenses and ability to practice law in the US and Mexico.
- Draft, negotiate, and structure a wide variety of commercial contracts, including Hearsay’s Strategic and Enterprise agreements
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of other commercial agreements and amendments, including DPAs, vendor, and partnership agreements
- Build and strengthen workflows and processes between legal and other departments within Hearsay to enable deal-making and compliance initiatives
- Serve as an advocate for the legal department, while developing an effective partnership with Sales and other stakeholders in support of customer engagement and business objectives
- Manage corporate filings for the Hearsay Mexico entity
- Monitor Mexico laws and keep the company informed on relevant legal developments, regulatory changes, and industry trends
- Partner closely with Hearsay HR on employment matters arising in Mexico
- Assist with other legal matters as requested
- You have active dual licenses and you are licensed to practice law in the US and Mexico
- You have 3+ years of experience in-house
- Prior SaaS experience is a plus
- You have consistently, and successfully, negotiated enterprise SaaS agreements
- You enjoy being cross-functional, you have a strong sense of ownership, and you strive to continually learn and grow
- Team player with the ability to work independently and be proactive
- Fluent in conversational and written English
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.