Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about!
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Software Engineer with a full-stack mindset to join our ever-growing Budapest Engineering Team! We have an ambitious growth plan that still ensures individual development in small teams.
As a software engineer at Hearsay, you will get direct experience designing, developing, testing and deploying services that work at high scale and with enterprise reliability. However in this position, the frontend part will be dominating right now. You'll be working in a startup culture at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise companies; working side by side with engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling extremely large systems.
If this sounds intriguing to you, then read on and apply!
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 200,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including New York Life, Morgan Stanley, Charles Schwab, and Ameriprise—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents compliantly scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Caring about a quality experience for end users: Representatives and customer admins need to have an easy and efficient experience customizing their sites, but they’re only successful if consumers visit the sites and find them easy and useful on every device.
- Building performant, mobile-first websites: We’d like to improve and upgrade services that deliver these sites to our customers and their end-users.
- Enhancing the editing experience: we want to be respectful of our customers’ time and attention, and ensure that we make our product easier and easier to set up and manage.
- Building accessible websites: We think it’s not only right but cool, to make products that all web users can access and understand. While prior experience with building accessible websites and apps isn’t a requirement, an interest in doing so definitely is.
- Contribute to product architecture: to ensure seamless development of new product features and architect infrastructure to support a fast-growing user base.
- Building reliable products: Testing is important. We want to have confidence that our sites work on multiple platforms and can handle all the variety of content our customers will throw at them.
- 5+ years developing business solutions with a strongly typed OOP language like Java, Kotlin, C# or Python (at Hearsay you’ll work with Python and Kotlin!)
- 5+ years of experience with frontend technologies, preferably React, Redux
- You've got experience working across the technical stack, developing modern web apps, and building systems that scale
- On senior and staff levels you have strong opinions about what good code is, and can make persuasive arguments to influence your team (and the rest of the company)
- On senior and staff levels, solid understanding of relational databases (tables, queries, data types, indices), understanding schema design
- Understanding of data flows between systems on networks and basic security constructs that are used in on-premise and cloud-based enterprise solutions
- You love working with a diverse group of people, with different approaches and styles
- Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in software development
- Ability to communicate in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
What we can offer you:
- Hybrid working model
- Extra paid time off
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- In-office food & beverages - including lunch
- Training budget
- Mobile subscription coverage
- Home office budget
In the case of non-EU citizens, You should have a Permanent Residence Card or Residence Card for Third-country National Family Member of EEA National, as we cannot support the visa process.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hereby acknowledge that my personal data included in my application will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment process under the General Data Protection Regulation as of 25 May 2018, as amended from time to time.