Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior SRE (DevOps Engineer) to join our growing team in Budapest.
The Hearsay Platform is the preeminent omni-channel digital engagement center for the financial services advisor. It tethers the most effective marketing, acquisition and servicing channels into one ecosystem which enables the advisor to focus on the most important part of their job - building and servicing relationships - without the friction of switching between systems or the fear of compliance backlash.
At Hearsay, we are true believers in the power of having engineers be capable of, accountable for, and enthusiastic about owning their services from development through production, delivering value in small increments that add up to a big deal. Doing this at scale is where you come in: providing guidance, expertise, and performing the “hands-on” projects and tasks that drive outstanding customer experience while also improving the day-to-day work of our software developers.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 200,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including BlackRock, Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley and New York Life—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- We are a global team that spans North America and locations in the EU; your communication and coordination skills are essential to success
- Collaborate with the peers on your team and with engineering leadership to help design and implement organization-wide processes and architectural standards for new services
- Evaluate, compare, and recommend existing and new tooling to help optimize our processes and infrastructure
- Meet as needed with engineering teams to understand their architectural needs
- Participate in a standard on-call rotation to support our common infrastructure and tooling
- Building automated processes where appropriate, prioritizing high-use and high-risk workflows
- Participate in regular planning meetings to share recommendations and expertise with the team
- Overseeing infrastructure, application, and tooling changes across the entire lifecycle
- Minimizing cost and maximizing engineering productivity through process development and documentation
- Experience with managing a large AWS environment (5+ years)
- At least one high-level object-oriented programming experience (Python, Node.js are preferred)
- Willingness to troubleshoot and dig into tough problems
- Familiar with advanced AWS concepts, infrastructure building blocks, and how they all fit together
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration frameworks (preferred Kubernetes, Helm, docker)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code resources and administration (Terraform, Ansible are preferred)
- CI/CD experience, managing the deployment flow from code commit to production release (preferred GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, CircleCI)
- Database Knowledge (MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar), database management tools, query optimizations
- Familiarity with AWS Lambda deployment and implementation (Serverless framework)
- Strong technical communication skills in both English and Hungarian
What we can offer you:
- True international work experience with a supportive SaaS environment
- Hybrid working model
- Extra paid time off
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- In-office food & beverages - including lunch
- Training budget
- Mobile subscription coverage
- Home office budget
In the case of non-EU citizens, You should have a Permanent Residence Card or Residence Card for Third-country National Family Member of EEA National), as we cannot support the visa process.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
I hereby acknowledge that my personal data included in my application will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment process under the General Data Protection Regulation as of 25 May 2018, as amended from time to time.