Senior Product Designer, Design System
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2023
What are you looking for in your next company? The opportunity to make a huge impact on the business? An open, friendly, curious culture? A firm with big goals and tough challenges to solve? A place to use and further develop your design skills to explore the several facets of creating and maintaining a design system. If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team who will lead and define our design system and contribute to the development of a cohesive design language that will drive consistency and efficiency across our products.
When you join us you’ll collaborate with research partners, designers, product managers, and software engineers to build the future of Hearsay. Your role will be to take part in the evaluation of the existing design system, the refinement and implementation of current and new design components with a strong focus on delivering a consistent experience for our users across all platforms. You will be successful when designers as well as front-end engineers have the capability to construct screens for various user journeys using consistent, modular components.
Regarding Hybrid Work: We provide a lot of flexibility for working in a way that keeps our employees productive. We have a great office in Mexico City that is available for those that want to work from there, or else with the company provided laptop it’s possible to work from anywhere. All we ask in return is being available to work from the office on the infrequent occasions where we have team meetings or out of town visitors, which can be as little as 2-3 days/month.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is reinventing the human-client experience in financial services. The Hearsay Client Engagement Platform empowers over 200,000 advisors and agents to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships by proactively guiding and capturing the last mile of digital communications. The world’s leading financial firms—including Allstate, New York Life, Morgan Stanley, and Charles Schwab—rely on Hearsay’s SaaS platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, and deliver exceptional client service in a consistent and compliant manner.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Hearsay has a globally distributed team with members in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest, and Manila and is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Your short-term goal is to improve and develop the existing design system (Figma, HTML), and to harmonize the current Figma component set and the code base.
- Together with the core design system team and in close collaboration with product teams and other stakeholders, you enrich our design system. You create, maintain and document UI components and patterns which you showcase in prototypes using your Figma wizardry.
- Together with the core design system team, you are responsible for establishing and upholding governance processes for our design system.
- As a UI design expert, you create the fundamentals of our visual experience and define micro interactions to improve usability. You drive and uphold a high standard for visual quality across platforms.
- To ensure design quality, consistency, accessibility and adherence to guidelines, you provide feedback in reviews and proactively collaborate with designers and cross-functional teams across multiple product areas.
- You partner with marketing design to maintain cohesion and visual alignment between product and brand.
- 5+ years of designing digital experiences across multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile Web, iOS, Android, etc) at at customer-focused product companies or digital agencies
- 2+ years of experience in creating and maintaining design systems; establishing and maintaining governance processes in cooperation with developers and other designers with solid understanding of design systems and how they play a part in driving consistency, scalability, and efficiency in product design and development.
- Strong systems thinker, with a broad and holistic approach to understand how all the pieces connect together. Ability to think in long term design strategies.
- Top-notch visual design skills with an eye for pixel-level details and a deep knowledge of visual design principles. Proficiency in layout, typography, and the organization of visual elements that brings a sense of harmony and elegance to designs.
- Strong understanding of UX design principles, best practices, and methodologies.
- A basic understanding of web technologies such as HTML and CSS.A passionate advocate and practitioner of accessible design.
- A strong communicator who can clearly articulate design decisions, engage in discussion with different partners and stakeholders, ask questions, and be comfortable receiving and providing feedback.
- Able to lead, manage, and deliver multiple projects on time with minimal oversight.
- Fluent in conversational and written English communication.
It is a plus if you have
- frontend development experience to ease collaboration with Engineering
Please provide portfolio that has at least one project that is related to creating or maintaining a design system.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.