Software Engineer, Full Stack
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2023
Hearsay is building a team in Mexico City and we're excited to hire a proactive Software Engineer to join our team! We are looking for someone with hands-on experience in building and deploying industry-leading solutions to continuously raise the bar in our product offering. As a Software Engineer at Hearsay, you’ll be a part of a highly motivated, supportive, team working to solve the needs of end users and internal teams. This is a distributed team, being comfortable collaborating in a remote environment is critical.
Regarding Hybrid Work: We provide a lot of flexibility for working in a way that keeps our employees productive. We have a great office in Mexico City that is available for those that want to work from there, or else with the company provided laptop it’s possible to work from anywhere. All we ask in return is being available to work from the office on the infrequent occasions where we have team meetings or out of town visitors, which can be as little as 2-3 days/month.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 225,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including BlackRock, Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley and New York Life—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents compliantly scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Driving development and improvement of Hearsay functionality and APIs, with the opportunity to own large areas of the code base
- Working with other engineers, product owners, and UI/UX designers to consistently deliver updates and improvements in a continuous release cadence
- Thoughtfully scaling systems to respond quickly to sustained usage growth
- Shipping features while also triaging and fixing bugs to add value to the company every day
- Opportunities to travel a few times a year to meet with coworkers in various locations in North America
- 2+ years of software development experience with big data processing systems or online services
- Experience working across the technical stack and developing modern web apps
- Familiar with AWS and its key services or deep understanding of equivalent industry tools
- Dedication toward building stable, reliable, and resilient software
- Openness to diverse perspectives and collaboration with varied approaches
- Confidence in sharing your knowledge in group settings and participating in healthy debate
What your typical day might look like:
- Review code in GitHub or pair program in a Slack Huddle to collaborate with team members and maintain quality standards
- Implement a new feature with accompanying unit, integration, and end to end testing to validate functionality
- Debug an issue across a wide range of AWS tooling, including EKS, EC2, S3, SQS, EventBridge, DynamoDb to own and solve problems end to end
- Join Zoom calls for various agile ceremonies such as sprint plannings, backlog refinements, board replenishments or similar to incrementally deliver solutions in fixed intervals.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.