Frontend Software Engineer, Web Platform
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2023
Attention: Regarding Hybrid Work at Hearsay - We provide a lot of flexibility for working in a way that keeps our employees productive. We have a great office in Mexico City that is available for those that want to work from there, or else with the company provided laptop it’s possible to work from anywhere. All we ask in return is being available to work from the office on the infrequent occasions where we have team meetings or out of town visitors, which can be as little as 2-3 days/month.
Hearsay is building our team in Mexico City and we are looking for a talented Frontend Software Engineer to join our Web Platform team! The Web Platform Team is a close-knit and highly collaborative team at Hearsay. We design and maintain the UI infrastructure as well as build tools for engineers at the company to make sure their apps are reliable, resilient, performant, and scalable.Our goal is to offer users a robust experience, and we do this through tooling, automation, and advocacy. We work on features alongside other teams to provide them example architectures and support for their applications. This is a distributed team, so being comfortable collaborating in a remote environment is important.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 225,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including BlackRock, Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley and New York Life—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents compliantly scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About this role:
- Collaboration with engineering, product management, and design teams to build secure, performant, and scalable features to all areas of the product
- Regular communications with engineers outside of your direct team on projects throughout the company
- Helping to implement and maintain tooling that constantly elevates Hearsay’s accessibility, and ease of frontend development
- Writing easy-to-understand documentation for tools used by other teams
- Meeting regularly (virtually) with your direct team to collaborate on solutions and learn from each other
- Opportunity to travel a few times a year to meet with your coworkers in various locations around North America
- 2+ years of experience with modern frameworks (e.g. React, Vue) and testing frameworks (e.g. Jest, Selenium, Playwright)
- A strong interest in how things work
- The willingness to explore and learn new technologies and solutions
- Confidence when it comes to sharing your opinion and knowledge in group settings and the interest in participating in healthy debate
- Heavy interest in client side application infrastructure and architecture
- An understanding of of the importance of documentation and testing when building heavily-consumed tools
- A willingness to work outside of established frontend conventions
What your typical day might look like:
- Working in multiple repos that may include (but not limited to) tech stacks of Webpack, Parcel/Rollup, and Typescript
- Planning and researching micro frontends for new and existing applications
- Giving presentations and demos to a large audience of peers
- Pair programming with your team in a voice chat to accomplish shared goals
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.