Manager, Technical Support
HeadSpin is a unique developer platform that combines data science insights and global device infrastructure to enable companies to perfect their digital experiences during the engineering cycle. HeadSpin platform is present in over 50 countries. Its data science platform has an ability to assess over 130 performance KPIs, analyze root cause of the poor experience issues and recommend solutions to address them. HeadSpin differentiates itself from other testing solutions that only focus on functional or load testing. By using HeadSpin, companies have enhanced their customer experience, reduced time to market and optimized the cost of their digital applications.
About the Role
HeadSpin is looking for a Manager for its Tier 1 Support Team based primarily in IST timezone. The team's primary responsibility is responding to customer questions and support tickets around platform usage and status, while working closely with the Tier 2 Support Team on escalations and process improvements.
As the Tier 1 Support Team Manager, you will lead technical and product support engineers in guiding customer issues to resolution while identifying patterns and systemic issues. You will be responsible for supervising the lifecycle of tickets and issues from first report to resolution, ensuring clear, rapid and accurate customer communications. The support team manager will work with senior leadership in the Support, Reliability and Operations organization to establish data-driven processes for identifying patterns in customer feedback and internal areas for optimization and improvement. You’ll guide your team through the execution and development of these new processes, including the development of decision trees and run books.
The team manager will be expected to participate in an on call rotation for handling major incidents, as well as participate in the overall incident management process.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership and mentoring for a 24x7 technical support team based primarily in IST timezone
- Assist team in transforming its operations during a transformation into a product-led organization
- Manage team schedules and on-call rotations; hire and train new team members
- Take ownership of and improve the ticketing and support workflow
- Work to align best practices and process across tier 1 globally
- Create and grow healthy playbooks and decision trees driving consistent outcomes
- Monitor new inbound tickets and ensure tickets are being routed correctly
- Design and own the SLAs and metrics for ticket response, accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Strive to reduce toil for support teams and the company broadly
- Plan data collection and create meaningful dashboards and visualization with respect to team performance, KPI and support use cases
What You’ll Need
- At least 5 years (or equivalent) in technical support leadership role
- Experience working with mobile testing, development or other mobile device technology stacks
- Experience working with data centers and smart hands
- Strong knowledge of project and team management processes related to support, reliability and incident response, e.g. service desks, SLAs, on call rotation, escalation paths, sprint, kanban, etc.
- Strong knowledge of associated tools, e.g. JIRA, Ops Genie, Pagerduty, etc.
- Familiarity with JIRA configuration and customization
- Experience with incident response relating to complex network and software infrastructure
- Prioritization skills –the ability to analyze support requests, and prioritize them based on impact
- Jira, Jira Service Desk, Service Now, Confluence
- Command line tools, bash, Python, Linux / Unix, Mac OS
- Android, iOS, Smart TVs
- Networking equipment, Ubiquiti, Cisco, etc