Small Business Sales Outbound
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Small Business Sales Advisor
You will help small businesses choose and onboard with Gusto, and develop deep customer centric sales skills while helping us reach and serve more customers. You’ll work with a dynamic team of sales professionals, product experts, and leadership to help you excel in your career.
Your role will be to help small business customers choose Gusto. Interacting with customers who sign up on our website via email, chat, and live phone interactions, you’ll help match our people platform offering to their specific business needs, exercising advisory sales skills. You’ll help them navigate an important onboarding process, demonstrating sophisticated customer success skills.
Our team of over a hundred sales professionals includes folks practices across all channels and with different types of customers, but we all share deep passion and commitment to solutions selling: our company exists to solve problems for small businesses, and our sales team is a vital front door for small businesses who need and love our solutions. We have communal goals, a team spirit, and company leadership that cares about selling the right way.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage high volume & high velocity outbound calls to customers at different points in the customer journey: discovery, qualification, sales, decision and onboarding (70-75% of your talk time will be sales based)
- Keep clean record of notes in Salesforce for all leads worked
- Be a trusted advisor in helping customers select Gusto as a payroll platform
- Support customers through account setup and onboarding (25-30% of your daily conversations)
- Exhibit customer empathy and demonstrate product knowledge
- Exercise and master advisory selling of solutions for small businesses
- Participate in community and career development opportunities at Gusto
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 2 year minimum previous experience working in a high volume sales or customer service environment where you were cross selling, up-selling, or maintaining a quota / KPIs.
- A commitment to customer empathy and ethical business practices
- Passion to achieve goals and improve your craft
- Excellent communication skills both via phone and email/chat
- Motivated by challenge and adaptable to change
Our cash compensation range for this role is offering hourly pay from $24.52 - $30.29 for Denver & most locations. Remote locations will vary based on our geographical pay approach. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.