Product Marketing, Senior Manager
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable and consistent internet connection is required.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a customer-backed, execution oriented product marketer to own the growth and go-to-market motions of Gusto’s product offering to small and medium businesses.
Gusto is growing our product offering to include a suite of tools for small and medium sized businesses. You will own the go-to-market strategy for these products. You’ll partner with GTM and sales teams to drive awareness and adoption as well as influence iterations to the product roadmap. You’ll combine data analysis, segmentation, positioning, go-to-market planning and go-to-market execution to define how we bring new and existing product offerings to businesses. You’ll identify, prioritize, and accelerate growth by partnering with product, design, channel marketing, lifecycle marketing, sales ops/channel sales and data analytics teams. You’ll use data to demonstrate the success of your work. If you are a full-stack marketer with a customer mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to empower small and mid-market businesses, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Understand customer needs through market analysis, surveys, customer interviews, and product usage data.
- Influence the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and customers we serve.
- Develop positioning and messaging for products that inspires customers and drives action, translating them into compelling value propositions and sales enablement materials.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop campaigns and demand generation strategies to drive product awareness, adoption, and revenue growth.
- Lead cross-functional teams, including Brand, Integrated Campaigns, Performance Marketing, Communications/PR, Sales, and Data Science, to drive coordinated execution of go-to-market plans and campaigns. Drive product adoption and growth. Prove efficacy with testing and success metrics.
- Drive the creation of compelling social proof assets, including claims and testimonials, that support Gusto’s value proposition and test in go-to-market channels to drive new business
- Flex your expert cross functional influencing skills and drive strategy through GTM teams.
- Supercharge Gusto’s PMM team with expertise you bring from prior PMM experience
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of work experience; 3+ in product marketing, strategy roles and/or product management.
- A wildly curious, strategic and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems.
- A go getter, experienced in driving and launching go-to-market campaigns.
- A storyteller, able to craft compelling positioning with a customer first mindset. Experience conducting user and market research is a plus.
- A track record earning the respect of marketing, sales, product, design, and engineering teams.
- An influencer that can work well with various functional groups and levels in the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations.
- Nice to have experience marketing products through indirect sales partners such as accountants or health brokers.
- BA/BS degree. MBA is a plus but not required.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $119,000 OTE to $149,000 OTE in Denver and most remote locations and $138,000 - $181,000 in San Francisco and New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Should you determine a reasonable accommodation is needed at any point during your candidate journey, please reach out to your recruiting partner.