Marketing Operations Manager - Platforms
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
We’re looking for a Marketing Operations professional to own the marketing platform across data structure and integrity, tools and integrations, and lead management (e.g., ingestion, normalization, cleansing, enrichment, dispositioning, prioritization, routing) aligned with the corresponding processes to operationalize. You’ll work closely with Revenue (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, RevOps) and Engineering (Product, Business Tech, Data Platform, Business Intelligence, Data Science) teams to optimize existing MarTech and implement new additions to our tool stack.
Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn and grow to solve the business problems they face.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own processes and cadences to identify and prioritize areas with GTM teams (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success) where technology improves efficiency and effectiveness of marketing (or integrated) campaigns
- Implement, drive adoption, and manage automated processes and tools to enhance capability, including contact augmentation vendors, direct mail automation services, SMS, etc in partnership with Business Technology to optimize Lead and Opportunity management to efficiently drive funnel performance
- Administer the sync between the marketing automation system and CRM, ensuring data integrity and availability of the right information for Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to deliver an optimal Prospect and Customer experience
- Contribute to the development of world class lifecycle analytics, enabling Marketers and Customer Segment owners to understand the entire end to end Customer journey, including acquisition, retention, and expansion
- Document processes and procedures for marketing workflows in Marketo, acting as the product owner and “power user” of the system
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing operations or related roles. Experience at a fast-paced technology company, direct and channel acquisition, and multi-product team is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce and Marketo required.
- Hands on expertise and mindset of continuous improvement across marketing automation architecture and digital campaign development
- Deep understanding of the lead-to-revenue demand funnel, with experience in cross-sell, upsell, and retention (B2B / B2C combo experience preferred)
- Working experience with marketing analytics. SQL, Python, HTML PM experience a plus
- Strong yet empathetic business partner; experience collaborating with and advising marketing stakeholders
- First principles thinker who analyzes and presents data effectively to drive insights and decision-making. Strong structured, process driven and solutions oriented mindset with a focus on scalability
- True passion for marketing, data to inform campaign design and optimization, and automation: you creatively find ways to make marketing teams more efficient and effective.
- You are a self-starter and fast learner; no one tells you where to find the answers
- Hyper-organized with strong attention to detail; effective stakeholder and project management is the bare minimum and is part of your secret sauce
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Adaptable; you have the ability to influence senior leaders and drive change, but also get your hands dirty and troubleshoot any issue that arises
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $115,000 -$135,000/year in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Something looks off?