Software Architect (Customer Engagement)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Software Architect to help us build our next-generation platform which will power the next few waves of substantial growth while also leading, maintaining and operating our existing systems.
We are looking for a top-tier engineer who is able to work up, down and across our engineering organization and systems. We need someone who asks “why,” and is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive technical decision-making at Guild. We are looking for someone who will roll up their sleeves, provide technical expertise and counsel, and will work to apply that perspective against our architecture problems. This role will require a focus on both how we design, build and manage complex systems and also the thoughtful delivery of new complex systems.
As an Architect, you will:
- Collaborate with other Architects and Engineering Leaders to lead teams in requirements definition, domain modeling, design, architecture evaluation and implementation of Guild’s systems and services.
- Define and document patterns, standards and practices for engineering teams.
- Apply systems thinking to our architecture and technology to drive optimizations for speed of delivery, quality, and maintainability.
- Works across the engineering organization to cultivate a culture of architecture that encourages and supports iterative, autonomous development and future scaling.
- Partnering with our InfoSec team, refine our organizational security strategy while encouraging a security first mentality across the organization.
- Guide the engineering teams in anticipation of future needs and shape design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
- Meet our business needs by collaborating with business partners to define and deliver our Technology and Product Roadmap
- Ensure high functioning distributed systems by defining and refining our domain models in collaboration with engineering and product teams.
- Challenge our business and technical status quo to help create new product capabilities by creatively changing technical strategy or overcoming constraints.
- Role model engineering standard methodologies and provide exceptional technical direction to teams.
- Own organizational architecture practices and processes as well as their continuous improvement.
- Ensure we are ready for what may come tomorrow.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A long history of being a teammate people trust and love working with.
- 8 + years of engineering experience with a relevant degree or experience.
- Experience with consumer facing applications and developing customer interaction strategies for B2C businesses
- Experience with building holistic 360 view of customer engagement spread across disparate data sources to enable targeted and personalized communication
- Experience rolling out a Digital Marketing & Customer Engagement platform with strong awareness of emerging technologies and vendors in this space.
- Experience building capabilities to enable digital marketing across multiple technology platforms and solutions including web, mobile, email, DMP, analytics, reporting, personalization, decisioning, & journey orchestration
- Driven build vs buy decisions by evaluating new technologies, vendors and leading hands on POCs on new or emerging technologies.
- Strong expertise with AWS (with a focus on highly managed serverless solutions), Amazon Connect/Pinpoint, SES/SNS, queuing, messaging (Kinesis, RabbitMQ, MQ Series, Kafka), and modern source control (Git / Github) practices.
- A commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts to other engineers, analysts, product managers, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies.
- Willingness to embrace change and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for higher education and our mission.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $210,000-$232,500, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Something looks off?