Staff Software Engineer - Payroll and Integrations
Guideline is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our expanding Payroll and Integrations team. You will join a distributed team of remote employees and employees based near our offices. As a Staff Engineer on an agile team, you will build upon our growing line of products that bring the possibility of a safe retirement to more people. You will be able to work remotely.
What You Will Work On
- Scope projects and design systems architecture for usability and scaling our products.
- Develop APIs for web and mobile applications that manage sensitive financial assets and important business logic
- Work with a group of passionate technologists to help automate administrative tasks that allow our customers easy and streamlined access to retirement planning
- Build reliable and resilient integrations with external payroll systems to automate and enhance the retirement planning experience for our customers
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, third party vendors, and other key stakeholders to bring new products and features to our customers
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of professional experience in backend and API development
- 3+ years of experience in a Staff Software Engineer or technical leadership role
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database schema design, designing APIs, and security lifecycle best practices
- Track record of building resilient and maintainable systems in complicated business domains at scale
- Familiarity with (or wants to learn) how to run modern distributed systems environments built with Kubernetes and GCP
- Expert knowledge of a server-side language such as Ruby, Python, or Node
- Previous experience leading engineers without formal direct reporting relationships and ability to set technical direction
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done and setting appropriate deadlines and milestones to achieve business objectives
- The ability to distill simple solutions and architectures out of complicated problems and good judgment to select the right tools for the job
More about Guideline
Everyone should have a simple, affordable way to save for retirement. At Guideline, our plans are low cost and highly automated. This makes it easy for companies to offer a valuable benefit—and easy for people to invest in their financial future with confidence.
The expected Salary Range for this position is $173,500 - $290,000 annually. Compensation is determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Company equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.