Account Payable Analyst II
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for an Account Payable Analyst II to join our team!
As our Account Payable Analyst, you will use your expertise to tangibly impact a growing SaaS business. Reporting directly to our Accounts Payable Manager, your experience will make a meaningful impact. We're looking for someone who can own the day-to-day Accounts Payable function for invoice analysis and processing, Travel & Expense entries, internal and external communications, and contribute to the evolution of Greenhouse's Account Payable department.
Who will love this job
- A critical thinker - you act with purpose and approach things proactively, and you dig to find problems below the surface
- A partner - you want to add to the positive culture of your department and foster belonging amongst the people you work with
- A stickler for details - you understand the importance of detailed documentation and adherence to internal controls. If something doesn't look right, you look into it
- A fantastic communicator - you are comfortable communicating with external vendors and internal stakeholders alike
- A meticulously organized person - you have a natural ability to make order out of chaos, and you use strategies to stay organized when priorities and deadlines compete for your time
- A self-driven individual - You love Accounts Payable! You're looking to set roots and own the full Accounts Payable entry process
What you’ll do
- Understand the procure to pay process - analyze, review coding and complete 2 and 3-way matches for PO-backed invoice processes; process non-PO backed invoices
- Review PO contracts to ensure invoice processes are applied correctly
- Process vendor invoices for multiple subsidiaries including the US, Canada, and Ireland
- Process employee expense reimbursements for multiple subsidiaries in a timely manner
- Reinforce policies for invoices and with company expense policies
- Own multiple AP mailboxes, resolving open tickets and maintaining vendor relationships
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Initiate internal communications for compliance related items
- Analyze and provide improvement feedback/recommendations for our internal systems and current processes
- Assist with vendor profile maintenance in Netsuite and Coupa and create supplier payment accounts
- Complete month-end tasks, including meeting invoice and T&E entry deadline
- Assist in annual tax 1099 preparation
- Comply with internal controls/standards for supporting and maintaining AP processes
- Assist in internal audits
- Ad-hoc Accounts Payable related tasks
You should have
- Account Payable experience (2-3 years suggested)
- Full understanding of Procure to Pay processes
- 2 and 3-way purchase order match experience
- Invoice coding review experience
- T&E expense review/approval experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven ability to collaborate well with vendors and employees
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and creatively problem solve in fast moving environments
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Deep proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with procurement system and ERP (Coupa and Netsuite, a plus)
- SaaS experience, a plus
- Degree in financial field (Finance or Accounting), preferred
- Your own unique talents! Your background has given you a unique perspective and set of transferable skills that aren't always in alignment with a given role - but those are qualities we value at Greenhouse. If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we still strongly encourage you to apply
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The national pay range for this role is $70,000 - $105,000 annually. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and local cost of labor. Certain roles may be eligible for additional compensation, including stock option awards, bonuses, and merit increases. Additionally, certain roles have the opportunity to receive sales commissions that are based on the terms of the sales commission plan applicable to the role.
Applications will be accepted through March 1st, 2024.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. We’ve won numerous awards including Inc. Magazine Best Workplace (2018-2022), Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work, Forbes Cloud 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000, Crain’s Best Places to Work NYC, Fortune’s Great Place to Work (2019 - 2022), and Mogul’s Top 100 Workplaces for Diverse Representation (2022). We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Greenhouse provides a variety of benefits to employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, basic life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401(k) plan and company match. U.S. based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 13 scheduled paid holidays and up to 80 hours of paid sick leave. Non-exempt employees accrue up to 20-25 days of paid vacation time, depending on tenure, and exempt employees have unlimited paid time off (PTO). For Ireland-based employees, we offer 25 days' vacation and an employer matching pension program.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page
**We are a distributed company and do our best work where it works best for us - as individuals and as teams. Our regional headquarters are based in New York (North America) and Dublin (Europe), but our employees are distributed across the US, Canada, and Ireland. **
Our Talent Acquisition (TA) team at Greenhouse has recently been notified of a phishing scam targeting candidates applying for our open roles. Scammers have been posing as hiring managers and recruiters in an effort to access candidates’ personal and financial information. Please note that any communication from our hiring teams at Greenhouse regarding a job opportunity will only be made by a Greenhouse employee with an @greenhouse.io email address. We would never ask you as part of our interview process to provide personal or financial information, including but not limited to your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information and other related banking information. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and alert us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org.