Enterprise Sales Development Representative, EMEA
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Are you passionate about a long-term career in sales and learning about what makes a successful salesperson? Do you have the emotional intelligence to read people and quickly get them on board? Do you thrive in competitive environments? If so, read on!
As an Enterprise Sales Development Representative (SDR), you'll be a key player in our strategy to move up-market and help larger organizations grow the workforce they need to succeed. You'll impact the bottom line by generating opportunities and partnering with our team of Enterprise Account Executives to enable won deals. Success in this role means hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all with the support of experienced managers and a team-focused environment. We have a strong focus on optimization and welcome new ideas on how to improve our lead generation process.
Who will love this job
- A captivating communicator – you have no fear on the phone and demonstrate excellent written skills for crafting strategic outreach
- An evangelist – you believe in our product and are able to authentically tell the Greenhouse story
- A self-starter – you find process in ambiguity and strive to over-deliver on all your responsibilities
- A creative thinker – you discover new ways to approach your day-to-day and use data to build scalable campaigns
- A driven winner – you understand that every day is a new opportunity to be the top performer
- A competitor – you are fiercely self-driven while also being a collaborative teammate
What you’ll do
- Drive pipeline through account prioritization and personalized outreach within our key prospect accounts
- Partner 1:1 with a dedicated Enterprise AE to identify accounts and key contacts to target and nurture
- Provide a world-class prospect experience through each interaction in the sales process
- Qualify leads by learning about the prospect's approach to hiring
- Conduct market research to identify new potential customers and leads
- Collaborate with our greater Sales organization to generate new business for the company strategically
You should have
- 1+ years as an SDR or relevant working experience preferred, as well as a track record of professional success
- Experience handling Enterprise accounts (1K employees or more)
- A high level of accountability, consistently working towards goals and demonstrating ownership over responsibilities, quota, and prospects
- An ability to nurture long-term prospect relationships
- A high standard of integrity and a strong work ethic, paired with effective prioritization and organizational skills
- An appetite for learning, with the ability to receive and implement feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience cold-calling and cold-emailing, a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce or any other CRM, a plus
- Your own unique talents! Your background has given you a unique perspective and set of transferable skills that aren’t always in alignment with a given role – but those are qualities we value at Greenhouse. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we still strongly encourage you to apply.
If you have 1 or more years of selling experience into large organizations or comparable experience, this may be the role for you! If you’ve spent less time than this in sales or are looking into the SDR role with parallel professional experience, you may want to check out a Mid-Market SDR role!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the Republic of Ireland on a full-time basis.
Candidates must have permission to work in Ireland on an ongoing basis. Greenhouse is not in a position to support employment permit applications for candidates for this role.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. We’ve won numerous awards including Inc. Magazine Best Workplace (2018-2022), Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work, Forbes Cloud 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000, Crain’s Best Places to Work NYC, Fortune’s Great Place to Work (2019 - 2022), and Mogul’s Top 100 Workplaces for Diverse Representation (2022). We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Greenhouse provides a variety of benefits to employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, basic life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401(k) plan and company match. U.S. based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 13 scheduled paid holidays and up to 80 hours of paid sick leave. Non-exempt employees accrue up to 20-25 days of paid vacation time, depending on tenure, and exempt employees have unlimited paid time off (PTO). For Ireland-based employees, we offer 25 days' vacation and an employer matching pension program.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page
**We are a distributed company and do our best work where it works best for us - as individuals and as teams. Our regional headquarters are based in New York (North America) and Dublin (Europe), but our employees are distributed across the US, Canada, and Ireland. **
Our Talent Acquisition (TA) team at Greenhouse has recently been notified of a phishing scam targeting candidates applying for our open roles. Scammers have been posing as hiring managers and recruiters in an effort to access candidates’ personal and financial information. Please note that any communication from our hiring teams at Greenhouse regarding a job opportunity will only be made by a Greenhouse employee with an @greenhouse.io email address. We would never ask you as part of our interview process to provide personal or financial information, including but not limited to your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information and other related banking information. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and alert us right away at .