We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for an FP&A Manager to join our team!
Reporting to our Director of Revenue FP&A, you will drive significant FP&A deliverables, collaborating with Marketing teams to help our leadership gain key insights into our business and support optimal decision-making across the organization. You'll have the opportunity to build our revenue-focused analytics platform from the ground up and help automate the reporting and visualization of metrics to help us become more proactive in our decisions. As a strategic and analytical partner for the company, you have a passion for continuous improvement and can implement seamlessly within the context of a dynamic environment.
Who will love this job
- A data junkie - you are passionate about effective reporting and its power to guide executive-level decisions
- A partner - you can guide cross-functional teams through sophisticated processes, always working with a purpose that encourages others to do the same
- A strategic thinker - you see the big picture and offer ideas on how to make Greenhouse an even better company than it is today
- An outstanding teammate - you are not only deeply into details, but also chip in ideas on how the Finance team can improve
What you’ll do
- Partner with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to support the company's budgeting, planning, and forecasting for the fiscal years ahead
- Enhance our core financial models, focusing on accuracy and alignment and ensuring that infrastructure is scalable
- Drive the preparation of board decks, and generate insights with a broader story in mind
- Lead operating reviews and be a business partner who can highlight risks & opportunities in a constructive way to internal leaders
- Support Marketing business initiatives by building new financial models and reporting tools to distill trends in the business and provide actionable insights
- Analyze performance of the marketing funnel and the impact new demand generation investments have on conversation rates, customer acquisition costs, and overall Marketing ROI
You should have
- Experience in SaaS or subscription-based business model
- Experience supporting a Marketing function in a SaaS company
- Familiarity with typical B2B SaaS marketing lifecycle and conversion points
- Strong data and analytical skills, and the ability to guide cross-functional teams through complex analysis
- Mastery over a combination of Excel, Powerpoint, Google Sheets, and Google Slides
- Experience building reports and data visualizations in Salesforce, Adaptive, and/or Tableau (SQL experience is a plus)
- Your own unique talents! Your background has given you a unique perspective and set of transferable skills that aren't always in alignment with a given role - but those are qualities we value at Greenhouse. If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we still strongly encourage you to apply
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The national pay range for this role is $103,600- $155,400 annually. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and local cost of labor. Certain roles may be eligible for additional compensation, including stock option awards, bonuses, and merit increases. Additionally, certain roles have the opportunity to receive sales commissions that are based on the terms of the sales commission plan applicable to the role.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. We’ve won numerous awards including Inc. Magazine Best Workplace (2018-2022), Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work, Forbes Cloud 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000, Crain’s Best Places to Work NYC, Fortune’s Great Place to Work (2019 - 2022), and Mogul’s Top 100 Workplaces for Diverse Representation (2022). We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Greenhouse provides a variety of benefits to employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, basic life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401(k) plan and company match. U.S. based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 13 scheduled paid holidays and up to 80 hours of paid sick leave. Non-exempt employees accrue up to 20-25 days of paid vacation time, depending on tenure, and exempt employees have unlimited paid time off (PTO). For Ireland-based employees, we offer 25 days' vacation and an employer matching pension program.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page
**We are a distributed company and do our best work where it works best for us - as individuals and as teams. Our regional headquarters are based in New York (North America) and Dublin (Europe), but our employees are distributed across the US, Canada, and Ireland. **
Our Talent Acquisition (TA) team at Greenhouse has recently been notified of a phishing scam targeting candidates applying for our open roles. Scammers have been posing as hiring managers and recruiters in an effort to access candidates’ personal and financial information. Please note that any communication from our hiring teams at Greenhouse regarding a job opportunity will only be made by a Greenhouse employee with an @greenhouse.io email address. We would never ask you as part of our interview process to provide personal or financial information, including but not limited to your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information and other related banking information. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and alert us right away at .