We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Commercial Counsel to join our team!
This is an incredible opportunity to see your legal expertise have a big impact on a growing SaaS business. Reporting into our Senior Corporate Counsel, you will lead the drafting and negotiation of a wide spectrum of commercial contracts and provide legal support to enable the business to be more nimble and efficient.
The ideal person will navigate contracts with ease, collaborate with our Sales, Account Management, Sales Ops, Accounting, and Security teams, and welcome the dynamic environment that comes with a growing company. You will join a mighty legal team that learns from each other and loves to learn. If you're passionate about helping us take Greenhouse to the next level, this is the role for you!
Who will love this job
- A problem-solver - you won't back down from any question sent your way, whether it's from a client, vendor, agency or colleague, and you use good judgment to escalate as needed
- An entrepreneur - you will understand how to help the business grow within appropriate risk guardrails
- A people person - you love building relationships and credibility, and you pitch in where help is needed
- A juggler - you can manage multiple priorities and act with urgency to meet tight deadlines
What you’ll do
- Negotiate, draft and revise contracts for sales transactions with key stakeholders in the sales organization
- Manage contractual relationships with vendors, and lead and streamline other routine contract negotiation processes
- Support the legal team and other internal stakeholders on ad hoc projects, primarily related to streamlining sales processes
- Keep up to date on legal developments that affect our industry and support future initiatives accordingly
You should have
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, preferably within an in-house legal department
- Data privacy law experience
- Ability to exercise integrity, prioritize appropriately, and meet deadlines, particularly at the end of quarter
- JD degree and admission to a state bar in good standing
- Flexibility, positivity, and a sense of humor
- Experience working in tech or SaaS, a plus
- Your own unique talents! Your background has given you a unique perspective and set of transferable skills that aren't always in alignment with a given role - but those are qualities we value at Greenhouse. If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we still strongly encourage you to apply
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The national pay range for this role is $132,188 - $202,160 annually. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and local cost of labor. Certain roles may be eligible for additional compensation, including stock option awards, bonuses, and merit increases. Additionally, certain roles have the opportunity to receive sales commissions that are based on the terms of the sales commission plan applicable to the role.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. We’ve won numerous awards including Inc. Magazine Best Workplace (2018-2022), Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work, Forbes Cloud 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000, Crain’s Best Places to Work NYC, Fortune’s Great Place to Work (2019 - 2022), and Mogul’s Top 100 Workplaces for Diverse Representation (2022). We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Greenhouse provides a variety of benefits to employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, basic life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401(k) plan and company match. U.S. based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 13 scheduled paid holidays and up to 80 hours of paid sick leave. Non-exempt employees accrue up to 20-25 days of paid vacation time, depending on tenure, and exempt employees have unlimited paid time off (PTO). For Ireland-based employees, we offer 25 days' vacation and an employer matching pension program.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page
**We are a distributed company and do our best work where it works best for us - as individuals and as teams. Our regional headquarters are based in New York (North America) and Dublin (Europe), but our employees are distributed across the US, Canada, and Ireland. **
Our Talent Acquisition (TA) team at Greenhouse has recently been notified of a phishing scam targeting candidates applying for our open roles. Scammers have been posing as hiring managers and recruiters in an effort to access candidates’ personal and financial information. Please note that any communication from our hiring teams at Greenhouse regarding a job opportunity will only be made by a Greenhouse employee with an @greenhouse.io email address. We would never ask you as part of our interview process to provide personal or financial information, including but not limited to your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information and other related banking information. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and alert us right away at .