Scientist - Mechanism of Action
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Genesis Therapeutics is pioneering artificial intelligence guided rational drug design to address severe unmet medical needs for patients. Our lab in San Diego is recruiting associate scientists with experience in cellular, biochemical or biophysical techniques. Specifically, we are seeking candidates to prosecute plate-based pharmacology, cell culture, enzymology, cell engineering and drug discovery experimental plans for our rapidly advancing pipeline. Education requirements include master’s of science with specific focus in one or more of the following disciplines: cell signaling, cell physiology, protein biochemistry, cancer biology and immunology. This is a full-time position in a fast-paced biotech environment with a collegial group of high level colleagues working towards well-defined goals. Full medical and dental benefits, flexible work hours/vacation included in this opportunity to learn all aspects of biotech start-up.
Learn more about us here: https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai/
And our recent collaboration with Eli Lilly here:https://endpts.com/genentech-partnered-genesis-therapeutics-inks-newest-ai-discovery-deal-with-eli-lilly/
- Discover and develop new small molecule therapeutics for severe disorders in a collaborative research setting.
- Develop cell lines and disease relevant models for interrogation of mechanism of action studies to support early and late-stage programs.
- Perform studies to study target engagement between SAR compounds and target proteins in live cells.
- Maintain cell lines and models for routine characterization of novel SAR compounds for both 2D and spheroids.
- Document findings and record data in electronic notebook.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in Cancer Biology and driving a research program with data analysis generating hypotheses.
- Bachelor of Science with 6+ years’ experience.
- Masters of Science with 3-4+ years' experience.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture in generating and maintaining reporter cell lines.
- Experience with the Promega HiBiT and NanoBRET target engagement platform.
- Understanding in Chemical Biology techniques: photoaffinity labeling, chemical target identification, and LC-MS/MS or LC-MS.
- Understanding of western blot, ELISA, qRT-PCR, and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Familiarity with phenotypic assays: cell growth, apoptosis, and cell cycle.
- Scientific and technology knowledge of RNAi and CRISPR techniques.
- Understanding of designing DNA vector constructs for reporters and overexpression mammalian model systems.
- High attention to detail and strong math skillsStrong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Graphpad prism, Snapgene, Excel, and Powerpoint.
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock Option Eligibility
- 401(k) Plan
- Open PTO Policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Free lunch and snacks at our offices
- Health Care Plan, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, fully covered for the employees
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to email@example.com.