Senior Research Associate / Scientist - Cell Screening
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Genesis Therapeutics is pioneering artificial intelligence guided rationale drug design to alleviate patient need. Our lab in San Diego is looking to hire associate scientists with experience in cellular techniques.
Specifically, we are seeking candidates to fill plate-based pharmacology, cell culture, cell engineering and drug discovery experimental plans for our rapidly advancing pipeline. Education requirements include a bachelors or masters of science with specific focus in one or more of the following disciplines; cell signaling, cell physiology, protein biochemistry, cancer biology and immunology. This is a full time position in a fast-paced biotech environment with a collegial group of high level colleagues working towards well-defined goals.
What you will do:
- Design, optimize, develop, and routinely execute robust immuno-based screening assays (ELISA, MSD, HTRF, etc) and functional cell screening assays (Cyquant, CTG, Incucyte) for medium and high throughput assays in 2D & 3D formats.
- Program, validate, and operate liquid-handling automation (Biomek Liquid handler,
- Multidrop Combi, Integra Viaflo & Voyager) for 96-well and 384-well plate-based assays and use plate readers (Celigo, BioTeK Synergy) for data generation
- Maintain, bank, and inventory multiple mammalian immortalized cancer cell lines (adherent & suspension) using proficient aseptic technique.
- Perform data analysis using excel, prism and other software.
- Maintain electronic notebook entries and routine data reporting.
- Present work in various group, project team, and departmental meetings.
What you’ll bring:
- A bachelors (with 2-3+ years industry experience) or masters of science with some industry experience in biology.
- Individual will be highly motivated, highly productive, and goal-driven with experience in in vitro cell pharmacology, preferably from a preclinical small molecule oncology SAR drug discovery environment.
- A preferred candidate will have knowledge in the field of cell signaling, cell physiology, protein biochemistry, cancer biology and/or immunology, as well as method development, and scientific technologies.
- A preferred candidate will have experience using lab automation and high-throughput instrumentation, as well as ability to QC and analyze data.
- Individual must have high attention to detail to ensure reliable and reproducible data generation and can effectively communicate results.
- Required experience: mammalian tissue culture
We’d be thrilled if you have experience with:
- Western blot, qRT-PCR, and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Experience generating and maintaining reporter cell lines.
- Experience performing target engagement studies.
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock Option Eligibility
- 401(k) Plan
- Open PTO Policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Free lunch and snacks at our offices
- Health Care Plan, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, fully covered for the employees
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.