(Sr.) Manager, Portfolio Management
Burlingame, CA, USA · San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
This highly visible, high impact role will be integral to building Genesis Therapeutics’ newly generated Portfolio Management function.
Reporting directly to the VP of Program & Alliance Management, the successful candidate will support shaping our portfolio governance and our portfolio strategy. As a (Sr.) Manager, Portfolio Management, you will work closely with R&D leaders across the organization to manage and drive strategic initiatives. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do (Key Responsibilities):
- Manage the building out of the Portfolio Management Governance structure.
- Define Portfolio Management best practices, including the use of dashboards, templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, decision making, and communication.
- In close collaboration with Leaders across the company develop and maintain long-range goals and plans.
- Support key R&D meetings, generate agenda, facilitate meetings, and communicate outcomes.
- Closely collaborate with our Program Management, Finance and FP&A teams to support detailed planning and budgeting.
What you’ll bring:
- BA/BS with minimum 3 years of experience in program, or portfolio management, experience in management consulting is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of drug discovery and drug development process.
- Able to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate comprehensively to the organization.
- Must exhibit high emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate through challenging situations, difficult conversations, and ambiguous assignments.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with limited direction and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication, listening and strong presentation skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock Option Eligibility
- 401(k) Plan
- Open PTO Policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Free lunch and snacks at our offices
- Health Care Plan, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, fully covered for the employees
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to email@example.com.