Senior Platform Engineer
Burlingame, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Genesis Therapeutics is building a world-class software team to solve problems in drug discovery through machine learning, biophysical simulation, and computational chemistry. We are looking for engineers excited to help develop new medicines and play a critical role in building out our software platform.
- Improve our job scheduling and workflow management system called Flow, written in Python on top of Kubernetes, to manage our cluster of 1,000s of GPUs and 10,000s of CPUs
- Help maintain our production infrastructure within Google Cloud, refining our scripts and procedures for testing, monitoring, and deployment automation
- Work closely with our machine learning engineers and computational chemists to optimize our infrastructure for both research throughput and production robustness
- 3+ years of experience creating and maintaining infrastructure at scale, on top of AWS or Google Cloud
- Proficient in Python, Bash, and preferably Terraform
- A responsible and tenacious engineer who loves to architect secure, scalable systems and dive deep to solve obscure issues
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on high impact infrastructure that is used to accelerate the discovery of new medicines
- A world-class, tight-knit team of good-hearted people across software, machine learning, computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, and biology
- Competitive salary and equity. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k) program
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to email@example.com.