Senior Marketing Manager
About Formation Bio
At Formation Bio, we are building the pharma company of the future , redefining drug development with our proprietary, tech-driven platform, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
At Formation Bio we license clinical stage drug assets and develop them in-house using our proprietary, technology-driven platform. Over the past few years, we have been able to significantly expedite the drug development process, evidenced by our acceleration of over 300 clinical trials and reducing trial durations by up to 50%. This innovation translates to getting life-saving drugs to market 1-3 years faster, where we specialize in partnering with and nurturing in-house clinical-stage drugs. Our diverse team of experts come from across multiple industries, combining the best of tech and pharma talent.
Join our culture of innovation where your work directly contributes to transforming patient care in areas such as rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases. Our dynamic environment blends advanced technology with strategic drug development, speeding up the delivery of new treatments. Here, every role plays a part in our mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
About the Position
Recruiting patients is one of the industry’s biggest problems, with up to 50% of studies terminating early due to the inability to meet patient enrollment targets. Patients are often apprehensive, uninformed, or unaware of how trials work and how their participation can make a real difference in drug development.
In this position, you’ll lead the overall Marketing team (comprising Digital, Product, and Content Marketing) within the Patient Recruitment function, responsible for engaging and bringing high-quality patients to participate in studies relevant to their condition(s). You’ll set the vision and create a holistic marketing strategy for patient recruitment. You’ll lead A/B testing across channels, drive patient engagement while focusing on the overall patient experience. Leveraging your generalist marketing expertise and entrepreneurial spirit, your goal is to improve the scale and efficiency of our lead-generation channels and deliver on recruitment targets. Other key responsibilities include building brand awareness, leading new campaigns and experiments, setting team budgets and targets, overseeing channel reporting, and leading/mentoring 3+ direct reports.
- Own overall marketing vision and oversee digital marketing and product marketing teams
- Create and implement a cohesive multi-channel patient acquisition strategy
- Build, test, and iterate on campaigns across channels, including paid media, web landing pages, email, and SMS
- Continuously optimize the messaging, scale, and efficiency of our campaigns across channels and studies
- Increase the volume and quality of patients enrolled in each study, enabling broader patient access to clinical trials while delivering on our enrollment targets
- Manage budgets, targets, forecasting, and report on performance across campaigns
- Identify opportunities for expansion (e.g. audience, geography, targeting, and social channel etc.) then devise and launch experiments (A/B testing)
- Partner with Product, Operations, R&D, and Analytics teams to enhance the end-to-end patient experience through our product and implement thoughtful engagement / retention strategies
- Lead and mentor 3+ direct reports
- 7+ years of hands-on marketing experience (e.g. managing paid media channels, vendor relationships, creative development, and goaling and measurement)
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated experience with developing the integrated marketing strategy, and in coaching reports through hands-on in-platform execution and optimization
- Track record of achieving performance goals by leveraging expertise in paid marketing tactics
- Experience building attribution models and managing performance marketing campaign roadmaps, applying a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Entrepreneurial mindset and can-do attitude; excitement for A/B testing and continuous channel / campaign improvement
- Familiarity with tech and tools in the paid marketing ecosystem, including major ad platforms (Google Ads, Meta Ads), web development (Webflow, FormSort), CRM and automation (Salesforce), and measurement and reporting tools (Looker)
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Prior experience in an industry with a complex regulatory environment (e.g. healthcare, fintech) (Preferred)
- Experience with landing page conversion rate optimization, trigger-based lifecycle communications (Preferred)
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at Formation Bio. The target salary range for this role is $155,000 - $185,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.