About Formation Bio
At Formation Bio, we are building the pharma company of the future , redefining drug development with our proprietary, tech-driven platform, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
At Formation Bio we license clinical stage drug assets and develop them in-house using our proprietary, technology-driven platform. Over the past few years, we have been able to significantly expedite the drug development process, evidenced by our acceleration of over 300 clinical trials and reducing trial durations by up to 50%. This innovation translates to getting life-saving drugs to market 1-3 years faster, where we specialize in partnering with and nurturing in-house clinical-stage drugs. Our diverse team of experts come from across multiple industries, combining the best of tech and pharma talent.
Join our culture of innovation where your work directly contributes to transforming patient care in areas such as rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases. Our dynamic environment blends advanced technology with strategic drug development, speeding up the delivery of new treatments. Here, every role plays a part in our mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
About the Role
We are looking for a driven and organized senior accountant who is excited to join a fast-paced and collaborative team. The person who will excel in this role is a fast learner who will quickly learn how things are currently done, take full ownership of key processes and continually seek to identify and implement improvements. This person should be ready to roll up their sleeves and get into the details. This role is critical in enhancing the efficiency and structure of Formation Bio’s financial reporting.
- Lead the monthly close and handle complex components of the process
- Manage the company’s expenses for 3rd party payments
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Conduct financial system implementations, integrations, and improvements
- Perform regular flux analysis to deliver key insights to the team and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Strategic Finance to deliver insights from actuals and how they impact future results
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
- Support technical accounting requests, such as stock comp, ASC 842, taxes as needed
- Assist in external financial audit with timely and accurate PBC requests and supporting schedules
- Respond to ad hoc financial requests and implement processes to support them
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting or in-house Finance/Accounting department with a bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/related field
- Detail oriented and ownership mentality
- Willingness to go above and beyond expectations
- NetSuite or similar ERP experience
- GAAP proficient
- Strong understanding of how the financial statements interact
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at Formation Bio. The target salary range for this role is $85,000 - $115,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.