Lead Product Manager
About Formation Bio
At Formation Bio, we are building the pharma company of the future , redefining drug development with our proprietary, tech-driven platform, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
At Formation Bio we license clinical stage drug assets and develop them in-house using our proprietary, technology-driven platform. Over the past few years, we have been able to significantly expedite the drug development process, evidenced by our acceleration of over 300 clinical trials and reducing trial durations by up to 50%. This innovation translates to getting life-saving drugs to market 1-3 years faster, where we specialize in partnering with and nurturing in-house clinical-stage drugs. Our diverse team of experts come from across multiple industries, combining the best of tech and pharma talent.
Join our culture of innovation where your work directly contributes to transforming patient care in areas such as rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases. Our dynamic environment blends advanced technology with strategic drug development, speeding up the delivery of new treatments. Here, every role plays a part in our mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
About the Position
As a Lead Product Manager, you will help shape and execute on our tech strategy through 0-to-1 product conceptualization, rigorous research and experimentation, and iterative development of new products. You will interview, shadow, and collaborate with colleagues throughout the company, including our Medical/R&D, Biometrics, Clinical Program Management, and Clinical Operations teams to help identify solutions to their unique challenges. There won’t be established precedents for much of what you work on, but you will see that as an opportunity to innovate!
Product Management at Formation Bio is very solutions-oriented and entrepreneurial. While building in-house products is a core competency, it is by no means a boundary–you should expect to influence process, help develop non-technical solutions, and know when it’s appropriate to license 3rd party software to solve problems.
- You’ve got 5+ years of product management experience, including building new and/or experimental products
- Experience developing solutions for internal stakeholders is strongly preferred; a strong desire to do so is a must
- You are a quick learner with a deep intellectual curiosity
- Your interests and passions aren’t limited to the products you build: you’re just as interested in the adjacent processes, the people and teams involved, and accomplishing the company’s objectives
- You thrive working with uncertainty and ambiguity–you know how to test hypotheses quickly, drive prioritization, and execute on action plans that solve problems from top-level strategic goals down to in-the-weeds operational details
- You’re the type of PM who will roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make your product and team successful
- You have a track record of leading high-performing teams and shipping successful products from genesis to launch and beyond
- Pharmaceutical or adjacent industry experience is a plus
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at Formation Bio. The target salary range for this role is $190,000 - $240,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.