Engineering Manager, Data Acquisition
About Formation Bio
At Formation Bio, we are building the pharma company of the future , redefining drug development with our proprietary, tech-driven platform, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
At Formation Bio we license clinical stage drug assets and develop them in-house using our proprietary, technology-driven platform. Over the past few years, we have been able to significantly expedite the drug development process, evidenced by our acceleration of over 300 clinical trials and reducing trial durations by up to 50%. This innovation translates to getting life-saving drugs to market 1-3 years faster, where we specialize in partnering with and nurturing in-house clinical-stage drugs. Our diverse team of experts come from across multiple industries, combining the best of tech and pharma talent.
Join our culture of innovation where your work directly contributes to transforming patient care in areas such as rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases. Our dynamic environment blends advanced technology with strategic drug development, speeding up the delivery of new treatments. Here, every role plays a part in our mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
About the Position
As the Engineering Manager for our Data Acquisition Squad, you will be accountable for Engineering strategy, design, development, and implementation of one of our core data teams that is responsible for building pipelines, data models, and handling the ingestion of novel data sources to support the entirety of a clinical trial journey, from patient recruitment to submitting
Engineering leaders at Formation Bio operate along three dimensions to support business outcomes:
- Lead your engineering team accountable for delivering high-quality data products.
- Develop and mentor Data and Analytics Engineers.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement among your squad and contribute to the broader Engineering team.
- Develop and implement best practices that drive efficiency, quality, and innovation within your squad.
- Optimize Engineering processes to achieve high levels of productivity and quality while reducing cycle time and technical debt for both your squad and data users within Formation Bio.
- Work with other teams such as Site Reliability Engineering and Product Engineering to establish and improve the software development and deployment lifecycle.
- Partner with Product to align vision, strategy, and roadmap for your squad.
- Drive the execution of the roadmap by working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that products are built to be reliable and easy to maintain.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and make sound decisions to ensure that the product is delivered on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate is passionate about developing quality data products, enabling their team to be the best version of themselves, and committed to continuous improvement.
- 1-3 Years of Engineering Management
- 3-7 Years as an Individual Contributor
- Fluent in Python, Relational Databases, and ELT/ETL Concepts
- Familiar with Infrastructure as code such as cloud formation and terraform
- 2-3 Years of Engineering Management
- 5+ years as an Individual Contributor
- Experience with low/no code solutions such as Snowplow and Rivery
- Experience with DBT
- Experience with Looker
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at Formation Bio. The target salary range for this role is $183,000 - $240,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.