Global Operations Associate
Flexports’ Global Operations team is the front line team responsible for successfully managing our Customer’s supply chains end to end. To achieve this the Global Operations Team is at the heart of delighting our customers, managing our partners and working closely with our technology partners to drive innovation through process automation. With our focus on developing a global network, our operational teams are strategically located across the world to manage and execute our services and products offered to our customers and partners. Flexport Global Operations raises the bar by using data to manage our customer’s supply chains and identifies opportunities to improve fidelity in planning, responsiveness and overall execution.
As a Global Operations Associate, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network.
On a day-to-day basis you will coordinate the supply chain operations with AIR activities within the EMEA-UK region.
This role will focus on driving a first in class customer experience by obsessing over quality and on time performance. Lastly, this role will work very closely with peers and supervisors to problem solve.
- Be the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move on-time and exceptions are handled appropriately.
- Be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination and escalate issues as needed.
- Your team will:
- Seamlessly coordinate day-to-day logistics operations with internal and external partners such as steamship lines, air carriers, intermodal and drayage vendors, customs, trade lane management, warehousing, and trucking
- Execute the end-to-end movement of freight shipments within a regional network (both imports and exports), including intermodal movements.
You should have:
- Experience with AIR freight (import / export) and be familiar with LHR environment
- Applied University thinking
- Be able to adapt to new technology and can thrive in a fast paced environment
- Effective time management. Be able to properly prioritize and manage a large volume of tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively seek and receive feedback
- Effective communication both verbally and in writing
- Teamwork and relationship building
- Orientation towards working smarter and adopting best practices and standardization
- Problem-solving capabilities
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
- English language at a business level is a requirement.
- Eligible to work in the UK and EU, able to participate in EU business travel without restrictions.
- You will work in a beautiful office in the city center of London with a modern office equipment and a first class connection to the public transport system of London
- You will work in a fast growing and changing environment with a high motivated team, which is always open to hear your ideas
- We invest in your personal and professional development by offering you internal and external trainings
- During regular team events you can have a lot of fun with your teammates and connect with them besides of your working day
- We have a football table and different gaming consoles in the office and on top free drinks, snacks and lunch.