Senior Financial Accountant
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
- Manage financial transactions and accounting entries related to freight forwarding activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of revenue, expenses, and other financial transactions.
- Prepare and analyse financial statements to provide insights into the company's financial performance.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather relevant financial data for reporting and analysis.
- Monitor and reconcile Bank, Financial and Management accounts, ensuring compliance with local regulations and company policies.
- Lead and co-ordinate all AR and AP activities with the respective SME’s
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes for the freight forwarding operations.
- Coordinate with external auditors during the audit process.
- Lead all VAT activities including issuance of local tax invoices ( direct, through partners and 3rd party providers) , ensuring compliance with Vietnamese tax regulations.
- Manage and oversee the local tax filing process, staying updated on changes in tax laws and ensuring timely submission of required documents.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; relevant certifications as a general accountant
- At least 5-7 years work experience gained from Freight forwarding/logistic industry.
- Proficient in Vietnamese accounting standards and regulations.
- Proficient communication and writing skills in English.
- Experience in accounting for the logistics or freight forwarding industry.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices specific to freight forwarding operations.
- Ability to use accounting software and tools effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills to interact with internal teams across Flexport, external auditors, and local partners in the freight forwarding business.
- Familiarity with tax laws and reporting requirements in Vietnam.
- Problem-solving abilities to address financial discrepancies and challenges within the context of freight forwarding.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.