Senior System Engineer, Atlassian Suite
Are you passionate about Atlassian/Jira administration? Do you get a thrill when building a new workflow that automates tasks to help teams work more efficiently? Flexport is looking for an experienced Jira administrator looking to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. As an Atlassian Software Engineer, you will be Enterprise IT’s ambassador for all things Atlassian, in an organization that heavily uses Agile, modified Agile and Waterfall methodologies. You will be responsible for building out workflows, projects, schemas and screen schemes that utilize Atlassian best practices to meet business and stakeholder needs. The ideal candidate will have managed Jira Cloud and will offer recommendations on optimizing and securing workflows and permissions to allow for disparate teams to use Jira and Confluence in a manner that best suits their team.
Jira drives our Agile team work, in addition to being used by service oriented teams for various functions such as Incident/Problem management, offboarding and onboarding, Software/Hardware requisition, Project ingestion, and Asset/Discovery of applications for audit purposes.
- Subject matter expert for Atlassian tools (Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Jira Core)
- Manage all aspects of the Atlassian tool chain including workflows, custom fields, schemes, add-ons and integrations)
- Develop metrics dashboards, heatmaps, reports to provide development teams and senior leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Manage and create custom Jira projects and workflows, finding opportunities to improve Jira setup and workflows to increase user efficiency
- Setup integration between Atlassian and other productivity, developer and analytics tools
- Implement integrations and customizations using scripting languages, APIs, and plugins to extend the functionality of Atlassian tools
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to Atlassian products, including performance, security, and availability, and provide technical support to end-users
- Manage the confluence environment, create spaces, pages and page templates as necessary
- Be the Consultant to Flexport users for Jira and related tools, providing mentorship and guidance for how the tool is used across the organization
- 5+ years of JIRA administration experience, supporting large enterprise environments
- Experience administering Atlassian Cloud, Jira Service desk and Confluence
- Experience with Atlassian Assist’s conversational ticketing capabilities (HALP)
- Strong understanding of ITIL and past experience with configuration management database setup / support and workflow management
- Experience with Atlassian SSO setup, integration(s)
- Proficient in ScriptRunner / Groovy / JQL and PowerScripts - Perl or Python Scripting
- Strong verbal, written, social skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands-on experience using JIRA REST APIs for integration with other tools like Slack, github and Integration/Automation frameworks
- Proven track record with Atlassian installations, migrations and upgrades
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams
If you are a motivated self-starter who is passionate about Atlassian suite, chat bot and automation , we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and help us build the future Atlassian suite at Flexport. #LI-hybrid
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Something looks off?