- Be the happy face of Flexport in greeting guests, checking them in, and connecting them with their host.
- Accountable for maintaining smooth front desk operations by following the standard procedures and processes as well as proposing and executing necessary improvements
- Accountable for vendor sourcing and service evaluations on general office supplies
- Serve as backup to our Customer Experience Team, answering phones and directing calls when needed.
- Assist in office meals and snacks management.
- Manage local Workplace Jira ticketing system, promptly answer tickets and escalate as needed.
- Coordinate with building management (input work orders, access requests, vendor registration, etc.)
- Support in set up and orientation for new joiners, e.g. workstation setup, seating moves
- Provide support to our local warehouse team and other offices in Asia
- Assist with office-related special projects, e.g. office relocations and setups
- Be a second set of eyes on all things office, vendors, security, and facilities.
- Ensure we stay in compliance across our office and an ambassador of employee security (CTPAT compliance)
- Internal communications and event coordination (Happy hours, holiday parties, office visits, etc)
- Independently coordinate day-to-day vendor management and communication
- Manage, audit, and order office supplies
You should have:
- Promote and reinforce the highest standards of integrity and ethics
- A higher diploma or above
- 1 to 2 years of administrative/ office experience, ideally in a high-growth environment
- Experience in setting up new offices is a plus
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization
- Proven ability to make a good first impression and demonstrate respectful, friendly and welcoming behaviour
- A structured and organized approach toward your work
- A strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)
- You see a problem and come armed with a solution independently
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for people. You are smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people
- Be multi-tasking & willing to learn and communicate with the team
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?