Engineering Manager, Cloud Services
Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for an engineering manager to lead and grow the Cloud Services team that supports our freight forwarding platform. This team is responsible for a critical set of enabling services and technologies including DNS, IP address management, cloud governance for AWS, GCP, and Azure, environment build-outs, some account management, and collaborating with security operations on a variety of defensive measures.
- Develop and execute a vision that drives high service levels and accountability for these services
- Maintain networking and DNS performance above 99.99% availability
- Build a world class team, providing growth opportunities and mentorship
- Partner with engineering, compliance, SRE, core infra, DevX, security, IT and other teams
- Advise teams on cloud networking implementations, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation
You Should Have:
- 5+ years of experience managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS
- Prior experience managing Route 53 or other DNS systems
- 3+ years of experience with commercial or open source monitoring tools
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, particularly with respect to Kubernetes
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Where you’ll work:
This position is located in Bellevue, Washington.
Culture & Values
Check out our Engineering blog.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?