Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
We are reinventing global trade.
We’re looking for a pragmatic, growth and culture-minded Senior Account Manager with a proven track record of success to manage our Enterprise/Key Accounts in Germany. As a Senior Account Manager you will have ownership of a number of key accounts and will partner closely with our sales teams to grow the business. You will lead and inspire the teams to meet company objectives for growth, margin, operational excellence, and stakeholder satisfaction.
The Senior Account Manager will help their clients grow and realize the Flexport value by deeply understanding the client’s supply chain and partnering to find solutions for their clients. Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are some of the responsibilities for this role:
- Cultivate and grow relationships with key client executives and stakeholders that empower the client and deepen the relationship with Flexport.
- Meet regularly with clients to monitor the account health and find ways to improve on their current experience.
- Use your deep knowledge of the client to identify, develop, and close upsell, cross sell and renewal opportunities.
- Keep a close pulse on client financial health, reporting on the client’s financials and ensuring clients maintain consistent payment schedules.
- Lead and actively participate in client onboarding and creating standard operating procedures.
- Scope and guide the implementation stages and timelines for new opportunities and clients.
- Work globally with counterparts in Asia, North America and Latin America to ensure a consistent account management experience.
- Monitor client metrics data, working with Global Operations teams to ensure metrics consistently meet client expectations, address escalations and solve clients issues effectively and efficiently.
- Lead and prepare content for regular client touch points to help clients understand the value they are realizing and new opportunities to improve performance.
- Use your intensive knowledge of the client’s business to lead the preparation and presentation of quarterly strategy reviews with minimal guidance.
- Drive product adoption with client stakeholders to ensure that clients realize the full value with Flexport.
- Regularly review and document the client’s success criteria. As the client’s needs evolve, you will refine the client’s success criteria.
- Continue to expand your knowledge of supply chain processes though internal and external training offerings to best enable you to act as a trusted advisor.
- You will use and maintain data to monitor the health of your respective book of business such as in SalesForce so that you can identify ways to improve the client’s Flexport experience"
- Mentor and help coach fellow Account Managers on how best to support client needs and build long term partnerships.
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain operations, sales/account management or a client facing role.
- 2+ years experience in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain.
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning.
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills.
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them.
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven track record of (cross) selling a product.
- Strong focus on growing your customers through a consultative approach.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?