Embedded Linux Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing food production for the good, one plant at a time.
About the Role: We are looking for a skilled and motivated Embedded Linux Platform Engineer that is ready to take on exciting challenges to join our diverse team of analytical problem-solvers. The successful candidate will play a crucial role designing, developing, and maintaining the embedded Linux systems used on the intelligent Farmwise hardware in the field. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
- Customize, optimize, and maintain the embedded Linux systems used in the Farmwise robotic agricultural product.
- Configure, build, and test customized Linux kernels and device drivers.
- Develop packaging methods and processes for reliable and efficient software updates.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement system requirements.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure quality and reliability of software.
- Troubleshoot and debug system issues
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in embedded systems development
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 3+ years experience of embedded systems development.
- Experience building customized Linux systems with tools like OpenEmbedded, Yocto, or Buildroot.
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python, and Bash.
- Strong background in system architecture.
- Experience working with and debugging the full linux stack system on embedded systems.
- Experience with board bring-up, hardware interfacing, and low-level programming.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
Nice to Have's:
- Experience with the Nvidia Jetson platform
- Experience with some of NVidia development tool set (deep stream, system profilers, any low level HW accelerator libraries)
- Experience with PREMPT_RT linux patch
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 9 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks