Mid-Market Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Who we are
Hi there 👋 . We’re Ethena – the compliance platform for modern teams. Ethena’s suite of admin- and employee-friendly training and compliance tools help you check all the boxes and build a better workplace. Our training isn’t just a thing people get through, it’s something they actually enjoy (we got the stats to prove it—over 90% positive ratings). We are proud to be a part of the culture at companies like Zendesk, Pinterest, Figma, and Notion. In 2020, Ethena announced our $15.5 million Series A, and in 2022 we raised an additional $30 million Series B to build out Ethena’s best-in-class training solution, further invest in data and analytics, and continue launching impactful compliance products. Ethena’s Series B was led by Lachy Groom, with participation from existing investors including Felicis, Neo, Homebrew, and others. It’s a great time to join our team!
How we work
We’re a team of people who value diversity in all its forms. We love adding new perspectives and appreciate those who ask questions that help us challenge assumptions, explore new directions, and improve what we’ve already built. We believe it’s our responsibility to create an environment in which every person can bring their full, authentic selves to work. We push each other to be our best and do our training proud. We love feedback, practice empathy, and embrace humor. Seriously, we’re not shy about puns. If you brought us to a picnic, we’d be compli-ants. If we were shoes in London, we’d be trainers. If we were--you get it. Humor is welcome here. Read more about us on our careers page and follow our team on our Instagram!
Who we’re looking for
We’re growing our team of driven, smart, and energetic account executives. We’re looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive to join our sales team!
This is an exciting opportunity to accelerate growth on a winning team that is making a real difference in how companies build ethical and inclusive workplaces. Ethena’s sales team has a fast-paced and motivated culture. We’re looking for an experienced seller who will help Ethena advance to the next level.
We’re a customer-centric organization and sales here is all about creating an amazing experience and partnership for our customers from day one. AEs are a trusted consultant and expert on trends in compliance training and employee relations for our buyers in the People Ops and Compliance/Legal world.
This role will report to our Head of Sales and will be responsible for closing new business and expanding current customers.
You may notice that we have an HQ in Brooklyn, but our workforce is fully remote and your personal working hours can be based on your own timezone. All team-wide meetings are scheduled to be inclusive of all U.S. time zones.
What you’ll do
- Close New Deals: Consistently meet or exceed quarterly sales quotas by sourcing and closing new business.
- Be a Product Expert: Gain deep knowledge of Ethena’s products and industry positioning. Address prospects' pain points effectively with our solutions, navigating technical discussions about our platform and integrations confidently.
- Lead Effective Calls: Create a stellar first impression for Ethena. Engage deeply, ask meaningful questions to understand business challenges and goals, and excite prospects about our impact on their business.
- Manage Complex Deals: Skillfully handle non-transactional sales to a variety of stakeholders, excel in multi-threading, and drive tailored sales processes.
- Stay Organized: Regularly update Salesforce for accurate forecasting and shared learning.
- Prospect: Achieve your quarterly goal for self-sourced opportunities.
- Upsell: Collaborate with Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to identify and capitalize on upsell opportunities, selling new products to existing customers.
- Care: As a vital team member, contribute to continuous improvement in all areas, from processes to products and culture.
What makes a great candidate
- Experience in SaaS full-cycle sales, particularly in complex, non-transactional deals in small, high-growth teams.
- Track record of surpassing sales quotas and excelling in new business acquisition.
- Strong technical acumen, including experience with multiple products, integrations, APIs, and the ability to quickly adapt to new tech ecosystems (HR and L&D in our case).
- Self-driven with a high degree of autonomy.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and sales automation tools (Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Outreach, Chorus.ai, etc.).
- Ability to thrive in a high-performance, collaborative team environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - eager to help build and improve our sales playbook.
- Adaptability and a proactive approach in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A passion for Ethena’s mission and goals.
- This is sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing in a home office environment.
- The annual starting base salary for this position is between $70,000 - $100,000 with OTE between $140,000 - $200,000, depending on experience.
Benefits: The benefits offered for this position can be found here. We provide 20 days of paid time off per year (prorated from your start date) in addition to all 11 federal holidays* and unlimited paid sick leave. (*US-specific benefits. For more details on our Canadian benefits, leave a note in your application.)
How to Apply: Applications for this position will be accepted via our job board. Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out. We welcome you to read more about our approach to job descriptions by our VP of People, Melanie Naranjo. Curious to know what it’s like to interview with us? Read more here.
Ethena is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that a successful organization is one that celebrates its employees for who they are, who they love, and the unique lens through which they experience the world. Ethena does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We understand that our differences make us better. They empower us to learn from each other, lean on each other, and create a product and community that models the behavior we hope to see in others.
We are not currently offering employer visa sponsorship for this role.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.