Customer Support Agent
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
We’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete communication, memory, and math skills through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award and been downloaded more than 60 million times. With Balance, our second mobile app and winner of Google's Best App award, we’ve personalized meditation and made it free for an entire year to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully remote company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
The Customer Support Team at Elevate Labs operates like a fast-paced, agile startup, and we’re looking for an energized, high-performing customer support agent to join the team. This is a unique opportunity to use your customer service experience, decision-making, and creative problem-solving skills to shape the trajectory of our new and existing ventures. We’re looking for someone who treats customers as part of their community, never settles for good enough, and never stops learning and teaching. This role requires balancing agility with customer obsession, all while managing tight timelines and constantly evolving business needs.
This is a full-time, fully remote position anywhere in the United States, with a schedule aligned with West Coast working hours. It is not a requirement that you be based on the West Coast, but you will be asked to tailor your schedule to PST.
We cater to the needs of the business by being available when our customers need us most. With that in mind, to be considered for this role, you must be able to work one or both weekend days and holidays, and be comfortable with a periodically changing schedule.
How You’ll Make an Impact Here:
- Be an unwavering customer advocate via inbound email and social-channel customer support, upholding our mission of world-class service.
- Strive for one-touch resolution through root cause analysis, and by prioritizing and multitasking a large volume of inbound contacts with attention to detail and ownership.
- Identify patterns in customer reports and investigate, test, and reproduce technical issues with medium complexity while maintaining customer satisfaction and Elevate’s brand image.
- Understand and meet expected personal metrics such as Volume, Handle Time, Time to Resolution, Customer Satisfaction Rating, and more.
- Provide peer-to-peer support by leading with patience, empathy, and a deep understanding of our products and customer needs.
- Question the status quo and proactively highlight areas where we can do better to help drive process and policy decisions.
- Help keep internal and external knowledge bases and documentation up-to-date.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of customer support experience
- 2+ years of experience supporting educational apps and/or software or other technical support
- Experience with Zendesk or similar customer management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity - if you don’t know the answer, you’ll find out
- The ability to balance pace and precision, multitasking and prioritizing urgent needs
- A passion for customer service and the ability to execute at a high rate of speed and accuracy
- Experience working in a fully remote work environment with teammates operating across various time zones
- Experience working for a startup or other fast-growth company
- Competitive salary and equity across all geographies
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Distributed team flexibility with a home-office stipend and co-working reimbursement
- Annual learning, wellness, and travel stipends
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and paid parental leave
- Annual company meetup in a fun location
How We Hire:
At Elevate Labs, we put a lot of time and care into who we hire. We seek to build high-impact teams with high talent density. To help us get a sense of who you are and how you work, you can expect an anonymized skills assessment, where you can showcase your expertise, and around three rounds of conversational-style interviews.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.