Senior Mobile Engineer, Android
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real-time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to over $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world-class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
Since EarnIn is a mobile-only application, the mobile engineering team’s job is to develop new features and support our best in class iOS and Android applications. We work closely with the product, server engineering, design, marketing, and customer support teams to create new product experiences for our customers. Our goal is to provide our customers with a solid mobile experience that helps them gain access to their money easily. Engineers joining the mobile team must have a solid focus on user experience as well as understand mobile-specific issues ranging from network usage to battery life. The mobile engineering team is the most customer-facing group and has a big impact on the customer’s impression of our company.
This position will be hybrid from our Bengaluru office as part of our expanding site location. EarnIn provides excellent benefits for our employees including healthcare, internet/cell phone reimbursement, a learning and development stipend and opportunities to travel to our Palo Alto HQ. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with the product and design team on creating new user experiences and features
- Design and implement new APIs with our server engineering team to communicate with the mobile applications
- Create a scalable mobile architecture which will ensure that the organization is nimble as we grow the organization
- Drive decisions on the strategies and methodologies used in mobile app development and testing at EarnIn
- Create Unit and Automation (User Interface tests) Tests to make sure new code does not break existing features and the new code works according to requirements specified by product
- Create and monitor analytics to prove how effective new and existing features are to helping customer
WHAT WE'RE LOOKNG FOR
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Bachelor’s (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience
- Fluency with the Kotlin along with reactive and functional programming concepts
- Expertise with the various application architectures used in development of Android applications
- 4+ years of relevant industry related experience
- Experience leading a team of engineers and upleveling talent through mentorship
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.