As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic finance team as a Revenue Accountant. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting, particularly in revenue recognition within the fintech/payments industry. This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the financial success of our rapidly growing company and play a crucial role in ensuring accurate and compliant revenue accounting practices.The position will be based in Mexico and report to the Accounting Manager.
This is a remote position.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the Company's month-end close, leveraging NetSuite, to ensure revenue accounting procedures (P&L and BS) are completed timely and accurately in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Conduct daily reconciliations of banking transactions, ensuring alignment between internal and external records and investigating to resolve any discrepancies
- Manage bank reconciliations for payment accounts, ensuring accuracy in reconciling all associated statements
- Partner with diverse and cross-functional teams to build scalable revenue recognition and reconciliation processes for existing and/or upcoming products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand complex business transactions and provide guidance on revenue recognition implications (ASC 310/606)
- Document product and process flows with various product, engineering and financial teams
- Review current revenue recognition processes/procedures, and implement process improvements to improve efficiency and timeliness of the close and reporting
- Support financial statement audit compliance, partnering with external auditors to ensure controls and financial statement accuracy are compliant with GAAP
- Support ad-hoc accounting projects and analysis as required
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred
- 4+ years of Accounting related work experience, ideally with exposure to revenue accounting
- Tech savvy, strong Excel user
- SQL, Periscope, and other reporting and data analytics experience preferred
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a fast paced and continuously changing environment
- Solution oriented mindset