Engineering Manager - Platform
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real-time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to over $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world-class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
Join our dynamic team in Bangalore, India, as a Senior Platform Engineering Manager. Your role involves hiring and leading one or more teams dedicated to moderate to large-scale platform infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate will possess a robust technical background, exceptional organizational skills, and excellent communication abilities. You should have proven experience in recruiting, leading, engaging, and organizing skilled engineers. Our platform, primarily based on open-source technologies like Kubernetes, Flux, Karpenter, Linkerd, Terraform, Spinnaker, and AWS public cloud, requires a manager who can ensure the delivery of a secure, reliable platform for continuous application deployment. You’ll manage a local team focused on cloud, containers, and automation best practices, operating within a lean agile framework with bi-weekly sprints
This position will be hybrid from our Bengaluru office as part of our expanding site location. EarnIn provides excellent benefits for our employees including healthcare, internet/cell phone reimbursement, a learning and development stipend and opportunities to travel to our Palo Alto HQ. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Hire, mentor, and develop engineers, providing guidance and coaching for high-impact project execution.
- Design and implement scalable and reliable infrastructure platform services, enhancing self-service capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with product, security, and platform engineering teams to disseminate self-service infrastructure knowledge and best practices.
- Develop and execute the team’s roadmap, coordinating with cross-company dependencies.
- Ensure scalability, reliability, and security in the Platform team’s infrastructure solutions.
- Foster broad adoption of DevOps practices through collaboration with various teams.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 10 years in backend or cloud software development, including at least 3 years in an engineering management role
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency in building and managing highly available, cross-region cloud infrastructure and services on AWS
- Experienced in managing production infrastructure/software, including 24/7 on-call responsibilities
- Skilled in implementing secure, compliant Kubernetes platforms
- Hands-on experience with Networking, IaaS, PaaS, DNS, TLS, CI/CD, GitOps, DevSecOps
- Knowledge of secure techniques related to Regulatory Compliance (e.g., SOC2, PCI)
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.