Chief Compliance Officer
As one of the pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to over $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
We are seeking a Chief Compliance Officer to serve as a strategic, purpose-driven, and results-oriented compliance leader. The CCO will report to our General Counsel and lead a team of compliance professionals and will be responsible for building our compliance program to scale with our rapidly growing operations.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $225,000.00 - $415,000.00 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
This is a remote position.
What You'll Do:
- Own the Corporate-wide Compliance Program
- Lead and manage the daily activity of the Compliance Department
- Promote a culture of compliance across the organization
- Work closely with the Legal Department and internal Compliance Department subject matter experts to determine compliance requirements for products, address existing and emerging compliance risks, provide thought leadership, and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with lines of business to meet changing legal and regulatory requirements and satisfy business needs, continuing to partner with the Product team to support the Company’s strategic direction relating to:
- New product development and launches
- Product enhancements and changes
- New partner and client relations
- Oversee on-site reviews and exams (e.g. banking, regulatory, and third party due diligence reviews) and all internal and external audits and certification programs
- Ensure that the corporate-wide compliance training program is enhanced, coordinated, and effectively administered
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Audit, Compliance, or related fields
- Bachelor's or equivalent industry experience MBA and/or JXuris Doctor preferred)
- Prior CCO experience at a regulated nonbank entity, with experience leading a team of 7 or more people
- A people-centric, purpose-driven, and results-oriented leader who has a demonstrated commitment to open, honest, and direct communication
- A strong management and team-building background
- A proactive self-starter
- Excellent judgment, humility, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, a business-enabling orientation, and a desire to collaborate and simplify complexity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues in a clear and persuasive manner
Nice to Haves:
- CAMS certification
- experience working with teams across offices and time zones
- Enterprise Risk Management experience