Business Intelligence Engineer
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
This is a high impact role with a lot of excitement. You will work across the team, help drive data-driven decisions, establish new business metrics and own the automated reporting systems. You will develop solutions to complex business problems characterized by imperfect data. You will help scale the analytics we are offering to both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a remote position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $108,000 - $162,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical and business needs
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support internal and external reporting needs
- Work with teams to automate reporting and build a strong reporting architecture
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Collect, process, and clean data from different sources using SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- Support existing processes running in production.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science etc
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- An ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- An ability to code complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of relational databases (Redshift, PostgreSQL) and big data structures
- Experience with AWS and Datalake a plus
- Financial background is a plus
- An ability to code in Python is a plus
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
Something looks off?