Manager, Sales Engineering
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
You will contribute to our global Sales team by acquiring new customers, uncovering market opportunities, and getting the market talking about Dialpad! The global Sales team is made up of Sales Development, Channel, Enablement, SMB, MidMarket, and Enterprise teams—all teeming with unbridled passion and grit. Our reps help businesses solve complex, communications problems felt by everyone around the world.
About The Role
The Sales Engineering leader we are looking for has these traits: You are intelligent, you are a self starter, you enjoy developing people, and you love working with a smart, talented, generally awesome team of sales engineers. Reporting directly to our Vice President of Sales Engineering, our next Manager, will be an experienced leader with the ability to creatively motivate our SE Team to provide innovative and deal-driving customer solutions and effectively partner with sales to win major deals that will have a large impact on Dialpad’s overall success.
You naturally excel at leading and building relationships with new customers and internal teams by understanding our products and gaining a thorough projection of what our customers want to do while they implement our product(s). You’ll partner with Sales, Professional Services, Support, Product, and Engineering with the end goal of creating a flawless and delightful experience for our new customers.
What you will achieve
- Recruit, mentor and direct a team of high performing Sales Engineers across Enterprise, Mid-Market and SMB sales teams
- Actively participate in the sales cycle to bring leadership and strategic support
- Create, experiment and implement new ways to educate and engage the team
- Analyze data and work with cross-functional counterparts to improve the product’s vision
- Coach and develop your team to develop future leaders for the organization
- Increase the effectiveness of tools and communication channels by recognizing opportunities for innovation and proactively implementing new systems and processes
- Be a hands-on, scrappy mentor who enthusiastically looks forward to coaching and developing the team
- Lead from the front - Be the example of what great looks like
Skills you’ll bring:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 8 years customer-facing experience working as either as Solution Architect, Sales Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Solutions Consultant or similar roles
- Minimum 2 years people management experience
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively and balance multiple, disparate work streams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Determination and persistence in pursuit of goals
- Brings a strong work ethic; takes the initiative and think creatively to get the job done
- Needs to possess a strong emotional intelligence and ability to inspire and develop direct reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Experience presenting & building relationships from C-Suite to IT Operations
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.