Senior Software Developer in Test
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the team
The Telephony Platform team maintains a complex set of APIs and microservices that provide the backbone for real-time communication in our products. On the Telephony Quality team, you play an essential role in testing the complex systems that support our products. We work cross-functionally and across projects, collaborating closely with developers and product managers to positively impact the quality and performance of the platform.
Dialpad’s Software Developer In Test is a skilled developer adept at building scalable test frameworks. A passionate quality leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of guiding a team to the automation paradise. You will be building and maintaining system-level testing frameworks, including but not limited to API, Load, and functional product testing. You will lead design decisions and work closely with other senior developers.
This position reports to our Quality Engineering Manager in the USA and has the opportunity to be based in our Argentina Office.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop flexible test frameworks to increase developer confidence.
- Lots of test cases and client/service simulation development in Python.
- Independently analyzing and troubleshooting advanced Python code and microservices.
- Develop and implement reporting that will contribute to the rapid resolution of failures.
- Develop and execute load testing against a variety of systems.
- Participate in software design discussions, reviews, and test strategy sessions.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive test strategy.
- Publish and communicate test results and progress.
- Mentor other engineers and your knowledge of automation and testing best practices.
- Advocate for doing the right thing even if it’s difficult.
Skills you’ll bring
- Strong programming experience in any top language, such as Python or Java
- Strong experience designing and building scalable automation frameworks.
- Highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels.
- Direct experience applying testing methodologies, including regression, integration, load and performance testing.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud technologies, including the testing of REST services.
- Strong people skills as you'll work with other teams in different geographies.
- Relevant experience working with RTP or SIP services is ideal.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Virtual Servers
- Hands-on expertise on various VoIP & TDM based testing tools like SIPp, Navtel, and Spectra2 is helpful.
Dialpad benefits and perks
Equity, balance, and belonging
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
Compensation and equity
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive rates in addition to stock options because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.