People Experience Intern
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the DEI & People Experience teams
DEI at Dialpad is in its renaissance period, building a new foundation of strategy and programs for the company. The DEI Community Manager is embedded within the People Experience team to build strong relationships and make a company-wide impact. Dialpad’s DEI efforts are focused on learning & development, diverse recruitment and engagement of employees through community building.
Dialpad is seeking a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Intern this summer to work with our DEI and People Experience (HR) teams. This is an exciting opportunity to see inside a late stage tech startup and get exposure to the field of DEI, which collaborates with and impacts all areas of the business. This is a paid internship for Summer 2024, which will run through June 3rd to August 5th. This internship is hybrid in-person/remote, located in Austin, TX.
What you'll do
The DEI Intern will support the DEI Community Manager in developing the foundations of DEI process, program, and strategy at Dialpad, focusing on 3 main project areas:
- DEI Strategy & Planning:
- Collaborate with the DEI Community Manager to learn how to build a multi-year roadmap for DEI within the company
- Construct an annual DEI calendar for FY26 that includes DEI key dates, internal communication strategy & content, training opportunities and heritage months
- Employee Engagement & Employer Brand:
- Identify themes and topics for a series of DEI-related programs for Dialers, including, but not limited to: service events, ERG programs, external recruitment programs/panels, and more
- Develop content/collateral to highlight the amazing talent we have at Dialpad through “A Day in the Life” videos and other employee spotlights
- Inclusive Sourcing & Recruitment:
- Partner with Talent Acquisition leaders to develop an inclusive sourcing strategy that includes potential external partners who could be a source for minoritized talent and resources for our recruiters to use.
By the end of your internship you will have
- Successfully identified an inclusive sourcing strategy and sourcing resources for our recruiters to use
- Developed, coordinated and managed at least 1 DEI-related program initiative
- Assisted in building the annual DEI calendar for Dialpad, including heritage month communications, events, and training opportunities
- Demonstrated the ability to develop content to strengthen our employer brand
- Presented your work to a company-wide group of business leaders and mentors
Skills you'll bring
You’re a college student or transitioning career professional with an interest in the tech and/or telecom industry who is passionate about inclusion and belonging. You might be particularly active within your college or local community and you love serving and giving back to your community. You are excited about building more inclusive spaces, diversifying the tech industry, and helping to create access for folks from minoritized communities.
You have interest and or experience with HR, program development, coordination, and management and are hoping to develop those skills further. You also have an interest in exploring employer branding and developing content to highlight the unique and talented experiences of our Dialers.
- current student or career transitioning professional
- Hybrid with at least 3 days in the office
- Local to Austin, TX area (or will be for the summer)
- 60-90 days preferred (10 business weeks)
Value to the Intern
- Paid position, which provides exposure to three distinct areas of HR (DEI, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement) and an in-house, tech-forward company
- Opportunity to build skills related to, and an understanding of SaaS ecosystem, business model, and tech stack
- Chance to expand your professional network with team members of a dynamic Ai tech company of growing value
Value to Dialpad
- Give back to the community by creating DEI-related programs in alignment with business goals
- Increase brand awareness among valuable potential hires; build a pipeline of known-good candidates to improve hiring efficiency/reduce costs
- Assist with crafting the vision for the future of DEI at Dialpad by creating a calendar of events and supporting the development of a DEI roadmap.
Join us for a summer of learning, growth, and making a tangible impact in the tech and AI industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.