Business Transformation Intern
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the Business Technology team
Dialpad’s Business Technology team plays an essential role in establishing industry standard and secure end-to-end business journeys, building next generation technology roadmaps, data-driven analytics, and an integrated operating model providing A+ customer service across all the business functions including Sales, Marketing. Customer Success, Rev Ops, Finance , Legal and HR. We are an intentionally small, highly competent group of technology professionals focused on velocity, scalability, and rigor to support Dialpad’s continued growth from startup to market leader. The Business Technology team plays a key role in helping Dialpad live our core values of “Do the Right Thing”, “Delight Our Users”, “It Takes Both Will & Skill “, “Innovate Continuously” and “Every Voice Matters”.
Summer Internship with BT Team
Dialpad is seeking a Scrum Master / Project Coordinator Intern to work this summer to work with our Business Technology team. This is an exciting opportunity to see inside a late stage tech startup and get exposure across multiple areas of Go to Market, Finance , Legal and HR processes and systems. This is a paid internship for Summer 2024, which will run through June 3rd to August 5th. This internship is hybrid in-person/remote, located in San Ramon.
You are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate program with an interest in the tech and telecom industry and a willingness to work on facilitating key technology projects across multiple business functions. You are excellent in collaborating with business users and have great communication skills. You are good with time management and tracking the project's activities. You're ready to get out of the textbook and try applying business judgment to real-world issues. You write clearly and present your ideas effectively. You’re ready to be treated like a colleague and paid for your contributions.
What you'll do
In your first 30 days you will:
- Become familiar with the key business processes, build relationships with stakeholders, understand the project requirements, intake process, project management tools such as JIRA / Monday.com and understand the Agile Methodology
- Learn and demonstrate project management under the supervision of a member of the Legal team
- Accompany business technology mentors to substantive meetings across the organization
Skills you'll bring
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate program
- Must have experience in project management as part of college curriculum
- Certifications in Agile Scrum Master or related Project Management course is highly desired
- Hybrid with at least 2 days in the office.
- Local to San Ramon area (or will be for the summer)
- 60-90 days preferred (10 business weeks)
By the end of your internship you will have:
- As a project coordinator, demonstrated the ability to efficiently conduct project management of key Business Technology initiatives
- Gained experience in Agile Scrum Management
- Gained deep understanding of key business processes and internal operations of Dialpad
- Execution of daily scrums, conduct meetings with cross functional stakeholders and provide weekly status reports
- Presented your work to a company-wide group of business leaders and mentors
Value to the Intern
- Paid position, which provides exposure to the software development lifecycle , key business processes and project management
- Opportunity to build skills related to project and scrum management, stakeholder collaboration and communication
- Good understanding of SaaS ecosystem, business model, and tech stack
- Chance to expand your professional network with team members of a dynamic Ai tech company of growing value
Value to Dialpad
- Give back to the community by sharing Dialpad internal business processes, systems and projects to provide knowledge and mentorship
- Increase brand awareness among valuable potential hires; build a pipeline of known-good candidates to improve hiring efficiency/reduce costs
- Assist with execution of key internal projects that will drive operational efficiency and productivity
Join us for a summer of learning, growth, and making a tangible impact in the tech and AI industry!
For exceptional talent based in California the target base salary range for this position is posted below. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target range for new hire salaries for the position. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.