Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the team
Our CFO organization owns all Finance, Real Estate, Operations, IT, Data strategy, Investor Relations for Dialpad. This is the infrastructure for how we continue to scale and build customer and investor value globally.
You’re an accounting or finance major student with an interest in the tech and telecom industry who wants to learn real life foundational aspects of accounting operations and processes. You’re ready to get out of the textbook to apply your accounting knowledge to real-world issues using industry leading accounting systems and tools, and learn from tenured accounting professionals. You are organized, have a strong work ethic, are dedicated to quality work product and can maintain confidentiality as you may be dealing with sensitive information. You’re ready to be treated like a colleague and paid for your contributions.
What you'll do
- Currently a student working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Local to the Austin, TX or San Ramon, CA areas (or will be for the summer)
- Hybrid with at least 2 days in a Dialpad office
- 60-90 days availability preferred (10 business weeks)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with guidance, and in a team setting
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Dedication to high quality work product and confidentiality for sensitive information
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Google sheets and other common computer applications
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days you will:
- Become familiar with some leading accounting systems and tools and how transactions are recorded in them
- Learn the major components of an accounting close cycle
- Understand a basic account reconciliation and ways to investigate discrepancies
- Learn about internal controls and how they contribute to financial reporting
- Accompany Accounting Team members to substantive meetings
By the end of your internship you will have:
- Recorded journal entries and other transactions to accounting systems and prepared documentation to support them
- Reviewed and processed vendor invoices, and have an understanding of the Accounts Payable process including impact to the general ledger for financial reporting
- Reviewed employee expense reimbursements for adherence to company policies and appropriate approvals
- Prepared balance sheet reconciliations and have an understanding of how reconciliations support financial statement balances
- Assisted with writing documentation around standard operating procedures and their importance in accounting processes
- Assisted with organizational projects including standardization of files and folders
- Assisted with tie-outs and preparation of financial reporting to internal management
- Demonstrated the ability to efficiently work in a tech-enabled accounting organization
Value to the Intern
- Paid position in an accounting organization with exposure to leading accounting systems and tools, and strong operational processes.
- Opportunity to learn the workings of full-cycle accounting in a SaaS ecosystem.
- Chance to expand your professional network with team members of a dynamic Ai tech company of growing value.
Value to Dialpad
- Give back to the community through mentorship
- Increase brand awareness among valuable potential hires; build a pipeline of known-good candidates to improve hiring efficiency/reduce costs
- Assist with accounting operations, process documentation, and organizational projects
Join us for a summer of learning, growth, and making a tangible impact in the tech and AI industry!
For exceptional talent based in California the target base salary range for this position is posted below. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target range for new hire salaries for the position. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.