Senior Software Engineer, Backend, Developer Platform
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the team
Dialpad’s Developer Platform team plays an essential role in supporting custom integrations, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party developers. This team collaborates closely with all internal product development teams, Dialpad customers, and strategic partners to constantly improve the developer ecosystem including APIs & services, automation, real-time data flows, embedded applications, integrations, tooling, documentation, and SDKs.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Developer Platform team, you’ll primarily own building and supporting reseller and partner APIs & services. You’ll work closely with engineering teammates, product leaders, business leaders, and external partner leaders and engineers to facilitate integrations and collaboration between multiple 3rd party systems. You’ll also help create general reseller and partner services that enable the developer platform to scale to support future stakeholders.
This is a high-impact role directly representing significant contributions to Dialpad’s revenues and is of particular strategic importance.
This position reports to our Senior Engineering Manager and has the opportunity to be based in our Buenos Aires Office, with preferred working hours overlapping as much as possible with PST/PDT.
What you’ll do [i,e., Responsibilities]
- Build and maintain public APIs, real time streaming endpoints and services to enable Dialpad’s customers, partners & integrators to connect Dialpad with external systems and create customized automations and workflows
- Combine backend services, data layers, and public interfaces to expand and support our growing developer ecosystem
- Support our largest partners and resellers to build out highly integrated and bespoke solutions with the Dialpad platform including joining calls with key clients
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior teammates
- Proactively collaborate with key stakeholders in multiple geographies in particular North America, Europe, India & Latin America.
- Tech Stack: Python, Node.js, Vue.js, Redis, Google Cloud
Skills you’ll bring [i,e., Qualifications]
- Ideally at least 5 years professional experience
- Technical proficiency with a modern Backend programming language (bonus for Python)
- Collaborative & team player but also able to work independently & autonomously
- Good technical communication skills
- Pragmatic approach to solving problems whilst balancing business goals
- Experience working on APIs & integrations beneficial
- Experience participating in technical meetings with external customers & stakeholders
Dialpad benefits and perks
Equity, balance, and belonging
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
Compensation and equity
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive rates in addition to stock options because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.