Account Executive, Mid-Market
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
You will contribute to our global Sales team by acquiring new customers, uncovering market opportunities, and getting the market talking about Dialpad! The global Sales team is made up of Sales Development, Channel, Enablement, SMB, MidMarket, and Enterprise teams—all teeming with unbridled passion and grit. Our reps help businesses solve complex, communications problems felt by everyone around the world.
What you will achieve
As a Mid-Market Account Executive, you are a key part of the Dialpad Sales organization, uncovering, managing, and converting 100-2500 employee businesses to excited customers!
What you’ll do
In your first 30 days:
- You’ll work closely with our Sales Enablement team to get up to speed on our products, space, sales motions, and GTM strategy during your first three weeks.
- You’ll engage with supporting departments (ex. Deal Desk, Professional Services, Sales Engineering, etc) to learn how they interact with Sales and impact your ability to be successful in your role
- You’ll work with your Manager to identify the appropriate metrics that you’ll be held accountable for
- You’ll jump into and familiarize yourself with Dialpad’s tech stack and understand how to properly utilize the many tools available to you during your prospecting and deal management (i.e. Outreach, SFDC, ZoomInfo)
- Your manager will provide you with the relevant tools and guidance to begin building your territory plan to begin prospecting/building pipeline
- You’ll begin making your first calls with the expectation to schedule your first New Logo discovery call one week following your onboarding training (approx. 4 weeks)
- You’ll meet regularly with your mentor/buddy who is a veteran AE to model what success looks like and what it takes to be a top performer
In your first 60 days:
- You’ll develop a dynamic understanding of the key competitors in the space so that you can create unique talking points to impact initial deals
- You’ll gain granular insight into our key differentiators so that you can hold meaningful conversations with potential clients
- We’ll get you up to speed on our Sales Methodology and the proper steps in execution so you maintain the highest level of conversion in your deals
- Gain full understanding of our pricing model so you can adequately quote and deliver proposals to prospective customers
- You’ll develop your SFDC hygiene and fully grasp the key components of managing your opportunities
By 90 days:
- Master the ability to deliver relevant, timely, and effective qualification discussions to define the metrics and compelling events of prospects
- Develop more autonomy in your deal management and delivery of sales demonstrations
- Work cross-functionally with your SDR and Channel partners to expand your reach into accounts with the intention of sourcing deals through all avenues
- Partner with Sales Engineers to drive technical demonstrations and deal momentum
At 120 days, you will be fully expected to maintain 4X your pipeline coverage and are actively closing deals on a monthly basis
Who you are
Self-starter. Someone who embraces challenges and is naturally curious. You approach every day with the passion and work ethic that you see with successful entrepreneurs. You are an individual that truly appreciates the value of collaboration and is accustomed to winning and losing as a team. You have a passion for creating detailed business plans to reach predetermined goals and quotas. You possess a high acumen managing the entire sales cycle from finding a potential client to securing a deal. You have an uncanny ability to unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turning them into long-term partnerships. When tackling any project, your end goal is to leave it better than you found it.
Skills you will bring
- 5+ years of inside technical sales experience
- Strong ability to build own sales pipeline - you love managing a full sales cycle - prospect to close, you do it all
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, possessing the ability to maintain control of communication length and direction and articulate under pressure
- Brings a strong work ethic; takes the initiative and think creatively to get the job done
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in MEDDPICC sales methodology preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Dialpad benefits and perks
Equity, balance, and belonging
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
Compensation and equity
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
Benefits, time-off, and wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer flexible time off and great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. Along with that, employees also receive a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone bill, home internet bill, home office equipment, gym membership costs, a variety of wellness events, and more!
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.