Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a Staff Full Stack Engineer to help us build and continue to deliver products that deliver value to our customers and the world. You will help transform the privacy space from a world of "Compliance" to an industry that is proactive and progressive with the interests and privacy of its users. It's a unique opportunity to join DataGrail at a time when we're still very small but experiencing tremendous growth and success in changing the privacy space.
Our mission is to transform the world of privacy, and as a member of our Engineering team, you will be contributing to the workflows that our users use to handle a high volume of privacy requests every day. Our robust software platform allows privacy professionals to do their entire job in a single place instead of the status quo of spreadsheets and repetitive tasks.
The Skill Set:
- Operate in a Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres, and AWS tech stack
- Design and implement platform-level technical solutions for product features on a day to day basis
- Lead & mentor by example to increase quality through improved code architecture, implementing maintainability best practices, and proper automated testing
- Independently scope milestone-based, extensible technical solutions as part of project planning
- Partner with your Engineering Manager and Product Manager to lead the delivery team in the collaborative development of new features
- Consider the effects of work across multiple teams and proactively communicate and manages potential issues
- Identify team-impacting problems, suggests solutions, and drives resolutions in a collaborative (mostly synchronous) remote environment
- Give and receive consistent peer feedback on quality of work, team contribution, and alignment with DataGrail core values so we continue to iterate and improve
- Understand the Privacy Manager persona and proactively propose product improvements which advance the privacy space
- Partner with Staff Engineers across teams to develop our guiding principles of engineering, focusing on Frontend architecture and technical direction
- Evaluate and develop a deeper understanding of new technologies, and own the full lifecycle of implementation from proposal to deployment and educating peers
Within 90 Days You'll:
- Get to know DataGrail, our different technology, architecture, products and customers.
- Pair with other engineers to learn our codebase, and deployment process and to deliver new product features while resolving bugs
- Start to take ownership over new and existing feature development
- Contribute to discovery and technical planning for upcoming features and sprints
- Give and receive consistent peer feedback on quality of work, team contribution, and alignment with DataGrail core values
Within 180 Days You'll:
- Lead development of major features and platforms that are important for your team and our customers
- Is a go-to person for code reviews, technical designs and/or mentorship for engineers in your team or other teams particularly but not exclusively with frontend technologies and projects.
- Participate in the on-call rotation by triaging incoming questions and bugs, and helping lead the resolution efforts for high severity or high priority issues
Within 365 Days You'll:
- Play significant leadership role in the launch of new products and platform features
- Lead transformation the DataGrail UI Platform from a set of features to a unified platform with shared components and best practices
With the core belief that trust builds transparency, at DataGrail, we provide a privacy platform that empowers people to have more control over their privacy and identity. Our platform eliminates complicated, manual, and time-consuming processes associated with emerging privacy laws. We find and untangle the terabytes of data companies have, make sense of it, and organize it into an easy-to-use privacy program.
We live by our company values every day at DataGrail: Bias for Action, Be Human, Love Our Customers, and Win as a Team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Work from anywhere - every employee has the choice to select their ideal work environment
- Feel relaxed with unlimited paid-time-off (+2 weeks mandatory!)
- Treat yourself with 8 scheduled “DataGrail Days” a year for personal wellness
- Stay healthy - full healthcare coverage, including dental, and vision
- Save for the future with our 401(k) plan
- Work smarter with monthly hardware and remote office stipends and an UberEats meal program
- All of this and much, much more
DataGrail provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.