Product Marketing Manager
The DataGrail Product Marketing team is the voice of the customer internally, enabling us to inform product roadmap and bring new products to market through differentiated messaging, sales collateral & enablement, customer engagement, and cross-functional marketing activation.
As a Product Marketing Manager at DataGrail you will support our four core product offerings, become the expert on our ideal customer profile (ICP), target personas, and customer journey. You will help define future innovation, plan and execute product launches, and build stories to engage customers for long-term success, all while differentiating us from the competition.
This role operates at the intersection of product, sales, marketing, and customer success. Our ideal teammate is a compelling storyteller, excellent writer, and creative thinker, able to transform complex needs and solutions into simple differentiated messages, while also having a passion for collaboration, project management, and go-to-market initiatives.
The Skill Set:
- Demonstrated history in product marketing that includes:
- Creating and refining messaging & positioning, conducting qualitative and quantitative market analysis (competitive, customer, analyst relations), building GTM strategies, and managing and executing successful product launches from start to finish.
- Storytelling and delivering compelling product marketing results
- Collaborating effectively with sales and customer-facing teams to achieve revenue and retention goals
- Closely working with demand generation to create quality pipeline and high-converting programs
- Managing marketing programs with data-driven results
- A track record of delivery on complex projects, using strong organizational skills and ability to work cross-functionally and with executive stakeholders
- Superb excellent written and oral communication skills
- SaaS / technical product marketing experience required
Within 90 Days You'll:
- Become knowledgeable about the data privacy industry (key terms, regulations players, trends etc)
- Establish relationships with Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing
- Overview of our mission, vision, value proposition, and differentiation
- Deep dive into the company's target audience, existing customer personas, and market positioning.
- Review of current marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Analysis of competitor’s product & positioning
- Review our product roadmap and product launch process
- Listen to customer and prospect gong calls to understand our buyers challenges and needs
Within 180 Days You'll:
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for DataGrail products, and our development cycles
- Collaborate with product team to align on upcoming release and features
- Build GTM strategy and launch plan for one (or more) of your product
- Craft a SWOT analysis of our products compared to the competition
- Shadow sales and customer calls to understand customer pain points and needs
- Monitor launch performance and analyze key metrics (website, pipeline, revenue)
- Build and refine a customer maturity model
Within 365 Days You'll:
- Be the go-to person (and SME) for Sales, CS, and Product
- Lead new hire onboarding sessions and participate in interview process
- Influence quarterly campaign planning messaging and activation
- Refine DataGrail’s messaging & positioning based on customer feedback, new products, and market changes
- Create best practices content and collaborate with the content team to develop thought leadership pieces
With the core belief that trust builds transparency, at DataGrail, we provide a privacy platform that empowers people to have more control over their privacy and identity. Our platform eliminates complicated, manual, and time-consuming processes associated with emerging privacy laws. We find and untangle the terabytes of data companies have, make sense of it, and organize it into an easy-to-use privacy program.
We live by our company values every day at DataGrail: Bias for Action, Be Human, Love Our Customers, and Win as a Team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Work from anywhere - every employee has the choice to select their ideal work environment
- Feel relaxed with unlimited paid-time-off (+2 weeks mandatory!)
- Treat yourself with 8 scheduled “DataGrail Days” a year for personal wellness
- Stay healthy - full healthcare coverage, including dental, and vision
- Save for the future with our 401(k) plan
- Work smarter with monthly hardware and remote office stipends and an UberEats meal program
- All of this and much, much more
DataGrail provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.