Lead Account Manager
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
Role Purpose: This role builds strategic relationships with our customers to drive expansion and retention across a regional and Enterprise segment focused Book of Business. This role will collaborate with others to refine how we grow the Net Revenue Retention of our existing customers and amplify the work of over 100 million people. Account Managers support our Customers in leveraging our tool and influence positive employee experiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- By maximizing your book of business, proactively grow and retain your customer accounts; comfortable overseeing a high volume of customers.
- Retention Duties
- Acting as the face of Culture Amp, you serve as a brand ambassador and ‘culture consultant’ for Customer proving ROI (return of investment) on the platform and services - in collaboration with delivery partners.
- Drive retention by owning a gross retention target and proactively identifying risk/expansion early indicators to collaboratively enact a tailored plan with your delivery partners.
- Use the Customer Journey lifecycle to effectively uncover customer pain points and align our solution appropriately to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell opportunities benefiting both Culture Amp and the Customer.
- Expansion Duties
- Expertly run product demos for key stakeholders of companies varying across industries within segment, establishing executive credibility and value management.
- Proactively and intentionally build a continuous, sustainable pipeline of opportunities- including outbounding and marketing events.
- Achieve Expansion target by working the entire sales deal cycle and converting opportunities to closed won deals.
- Consistently execute upon customer lifecycle AM operating best practices (i.e. accurate forecasting, tracking customer progress, etc).
- Key performance indicators include expansion target, pipeline target, GRR target and AM operational best practices.
What You Bring to Our Camp
- 4-6 years of account management experience, preferably in SaaS
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of management (internally and externally)
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals within a large existing customer base at the Enterprise level (1500+ employees)
- Ability to manage a high number of accounts (100+) with quarterly opportunities (50+) while maintaining focus on goals
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- A focus on building strategic relationships with customers
- A passion for people and analytics
Drive expansion and retention across a regional and segment focused Book of Business:
- Build a pipeline of opportunities of 3x your quota for current quarter and going into the following quarter
- Identify and lead the upsell to a different tier or population size (organic growth or acquisition)
- Identify customers for cross-sell additional product offering(s) and lead the sale
- Identify ways to leverage current customer accounts into parents, subsidiaries or other parts of the same organization
- Use tools (e.g., Outreach) to sequence customers to identify new opportunities
- Support customer and field marketing efforts to get customers to events and follow-up events
- Achieve Expansion target
- Understand and demonstrate the Full Culture Amp suite of Products
- Convert pipeline opportunities into Closed Won $s aligned with individual quota
- Work entire deal cycle from Discovery to Closing with Negotiations
- Complete sales enablement training and apply it to your work
- Work with Legal and Security teams to support any deals aligned with standard processes
- Keep Salesforce updated including Weekly Forecasts, Renewal Next Steps (weekly/bi-weekly) and Opportunity Next Steps
- Retain and Renew customers
- Partner with the Customer Success team to deliver key commercial and strategic account touch points throughout the customer subscription year across your entire book of business (approximately 75 customers)
- Support Customer Success to develop and execute plans to drive platform adoption and customer value
- Proactively raise up At Risk Customers, build a plan for solution and retention and bring in appropriate parties to support the solution
- Work with the Renewal team to review upcoming renewals and proactively identify and collaborate on any more difficult renewal processes
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves.
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
A few highlights from Culture Amp:
- Learn about our Employee Feedback Platform
- The Rise of the People Geek
- Our unique DIY approach to L&D
- What does Culture First mean?
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.