Senior Data Analyst
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
We’re looking to make a step change in the way we do customer retention analytics. As a Senior Retention Analyst at Culture Amp you’ll perform analysis to generate insights about our customers that weren’t possible before. Being part of a small and dynamic team, your role will sometimes bleed into analytics engineering with a focus on creating and enabling our teams to self-service. In doing so, you’ll unlock value that can help delight our customers and take our product to the next level.
Our stack is constantly evolving, and consists of:
- Dbt for data data modeling
- Looker for general-purpose reporting
- Redshift as our SQL engines (including Athena)
As a valued member of the data analytics team, you will:
- Be the “analytics expert” for the customer retention team, providing intelligent data, insights and metrics to improve performance
- Be the “owner”, crafting, maintaining and optimising dashboards and reports for the customer retention team, and enable the team to use the reports on their own
- Analyze retention performance/signals and report on trends that will increase retention rate and product attachment rate.
- Work closely with customer retention leaders to forecast retention-related activities
- Work cross-functionally to make sure data from all customer support and customer management platforms and sources are providing data into our warehouse
- Help develop KPIs for customer retention and report on these goals on a regular cadence
- Partner with cross-functional teams like finance, marketing leadership and sales leadership to assist with quarterly target-setting
- Advanced SQL for descriptive analytics, with a big data system like Redshift, SparkSQL, Presto or BigQuery.
- High competency with business intelligence (BI) tools such as Looker for data visualization. Experience coaching others on data visualization.
- Proven at data modelling consistency, quality and efficiency. Dbt experience is highly desirable.
- Understanding of common software practices such as version control, continuous deployment, and automated testing.
- An analytical thinker, you tackle big or complex problems by thinking critically about the status quo, asking the right questions, and backing up assertions with logic, reasoning and data.
- Able to make the complex simple, to persuasively communicate, collaborate with and coordinate a range of senior leaders within the business.
- Proven at developing the skills of the people you work with; sharing your analytics knowledge with other analysts and stakeholders
- Adaptability, able to adjust planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment. Motivates those around them to respond constructively to change.
- Someone who shares our passion for making a better world of work.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
MacBooks for you to do your best work
Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.