Lead Brand Designer (Digital & Growth)
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced design leader to join Culture Amp’s marketing practice as the go-to growth marketing and digital design lead. You will work closely with cross-functional marketing teams to deliver innovative multi-channel marketing campaigns and digital transformation initiatives to introduce the brand to existing and new audiences and markets.
You are a creative leader and digital design expert, who brings curiosity to everything you do. You know how to tell an engaging story and skilfully take stakeholders and collaborators on the journey with you. You’re equipped with strong conceptual thinking skills and have experience bringing creative ideas to life through polished execution and scalable design systems, leading and guiding a team and instilling best practices. A successful design lead brings together innovative ideas, design thinking, craft and collaboration to drive successful projects and outcomes.
***Along with your CV, please submit any relevant portfolio(s) of work that would support your application. Alternatively, please provide links to your work in your CV/cover letter***
Creative is an integral part of Culture Amp and design is instrumental in creating memorable and impactful brand experiences, connecting our audiences with Culture Amp’s mission of creating a better world of work. This is an opportunity to be part of a highly cross-functional marketing team and have a measurable and meaningful impact on the company’s growth trajectory.
What you'll need to be successful
- 7+ years of experience working as a designer with-in a marketing function client side, or equivalent agency experience. Experience working in a fast growth business is highly desirable
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic thinking and the application of design systems for digital marketing across user interface design, multi-channel campaigns and content marketing
- Proven experience working with and guiding a multidisciplinary creative team to deliver complex creative projects end-to-end
- Experience managing a team, contractors and creative agency partnerships to deliver growth results across digital marketing channels at scale, including managing the regionalization of creative assets and global content production
- Deep digital design knowledge and an interest in driving creative technology and innovation to optimize and scale design processes, templatize production and improve efficiencies with-in creative workflows
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills to connect and simplify complex ideas and evolving project requirements
- Excellent judgment in decision making, managing and communicating trade-offs when collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate the ‘why’, and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions
- A growth mindset and drive to continually experiment with new ideas, develop and improve your skills
- A passion for managing, mentoring designers and growing design capability
- Required technical skills and program competencies:
- High proficiency with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and familiar with project management and marketing operations tooling, for example - Slack (comms), Asana (project management), Hubspot (email) or similar
What you'll be doing
- Manage a creative team, contractors and agency partners to deliver impactful creative and set new standards for brand and marketing design systems at Culture Amp
- Drive the development of audience focused creative (buyer, customer, segment, industry, region profiles) for campaign and multi-channel marketing initiatives to meet business targets
- Partner with brand and growth marketing leaders to steer the evolution of cultureamp.com and key digital properties in collaboration with agency partners, and oversee design delivery for growth and digital transformation initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer target’s mindsets and learn from channel and business performance data to develop insights to create engaging content in support of regionalization strategies
- Partner with marketing functions (growth, regional, product, brand marketing) to contribute to cross-functional planning and strategy discussions, and advise on creative resource management to achieve project and business goals
- Inspire, motivate and collaborate with mixed creative disciplines; designers, illustrators, photographers, motion designers and video editors to develop high quality creative and provide feedback and clear guidance on execution to the team
- Present a vision, concepts and solutions to stakeholders, communicate the impact of design in solving business problems, rationalize decisions and incorporate feedback
- Facilitate creative workshops and ideation sessions with your team and collaborators to drive research, experimentation and continuous learning
- Mentor, develop and grow passionate designers to hone their craft and build a network of contractors and agency partners as the company scales
- A collaborative leader and creative thinker. You understand what it takes to bring a diverse group of people together to bring new ideas to life
- You are prepared to get in and deliver work. You are equally comfortable with design execution as you are leading a team to deliver the work
- Progress over perfection. You are someone who is comfortable taking initiative and operating in an exciting but at times ambiguous environment with tight deadlines
We already have over 1,000 amazing Campers and we want to continue to attract exceptional people who are motivated by our mission. Our approach to compensation aligns with this value. We believe in fair & equitable pay at Culture Amp, and therefore, we build pay equity into all our programs in addition to conducting annual pay equity audits.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is listed below. The range is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual skills, capabilities and experience, objectively assessed during the interview process.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package will include additional components such as equity and benefits. For sales roles, your package may also include sales commission. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.